UniteLabs brings automation solutions to life science research facilities shaping the future of health, food, energy and science. We are looking for talented interns with good prospects to continue shaping UniteLabs to the future.
At UniteLabs we aim for simplicity over complexity. We like to review code, not only to maintain quality but also because we believe this is a key tool for communication. We strive to always understand why we take any decision, not just because a trend says so, or because it is the easiest approach, but rather look at the long term consequences.
What a Software Engineering Intern does at UniteLabs:
- Work on web development and IoT platforms
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Assure high quality and efficiency of your code with testing and code reviews
What you can expect:
- Interns at UniteLabs are treated as prospective full-time employees, you will work on real problems in life science laboratories and push the field forward!
- Work in an international and enthusiastic team with diverse expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- Flexibility with holidays and remote work
- Our offices are located in Basel, Switzerland
The talent we're looking for:
If you tick these boxes, you’re the right person
- Pursuing a computer science degree or equivalent education
- Used to work with version control, code review, CI and agile methodologies
- Outstanding communication and writing skills in English
- Organized working style and a desire to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
Additional experience that would come in handy
- Web development experience with a framework such as Angular or React
- User Experience (UX) design
This position requires A) an employer-independent residence permit in Switzerland or B) citizenship in EU, Switzerland, UK or Norway for regulatory reasons.