Hawa Dawa is fundamentally changing our cities. We are building a hybrid software-hardware platform to measure air quality over huge areas to empower people to live healthier lives and demand healthier communities. We do this by measuring air quality ourselves and inferring it from other sources. This requires good software and operations to ensure data is arrived, processed and the results displayed to the public and our customers, which include cities, municipalities, businesses and consumers.
We are looking for a good all-rounder in scripting, programming, data handling and dev-ops. In practice that means:
- Experience in Python.
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience in building reliable data pipelines and logging tools.
- Good organization skills: what data is where, what software is deployed where, are resources sufficient, etc.
The following skills would be of advantage:
- Experience in R or statistics and modelling in Python
- Experience in Scala or another functional programming language
- Geospatial expertise
- Mobile app development on Android or iOS
What we offer
- Decent payment
- Office space in the skies above Munich on the 25th floor of the IBM Watson Tower.
- The chance to develop and apply state-of-the-art modelling and mapping techniques.
- Work on one of the major challenges of today’s world: air pollution & climate change.
- Access to an international network of high level experts in industry, academia and policy.
- Startup experience.
- Global opportunities and the chance to travel within the internship period.
- Being part of an international and interdisciplinary team.