We at Caravelo feel like the tech travel industry can use a bit of a shake - there's still a lot to do to make it better! That's why we came to be - we specialise in tech solutions for the airline industry, from chatbots to gift vouchers, that help both airlines and passengers (like yourself!) alike improve revenue and experience. Some of our solutions help you get upgraded to first class, others change your flight when you have a problem and can't fly, and others help get faster and more effective costumer service, among other things.
How we do this
With our in-house produced platforms: Aliseo and Nina. Each platform supports different product lines, that helps us get the job done
Some of our partners
We already partnered with +15 prestigious airlines around the world, such as: LATAM, TAP Portugal, Finnair, Eurowings, Scoot, AirAsiaX - among others - with more to come!
Some of our technology stack
Java 8, Groovy, HK2 micro-kernel, Jersey 2 (JAX-RS RI), Hazelcast IMDG, Mountebank, JSON Web Token, Couchbase, PostgreSQL, Couchbase (NoSQL), Amazon Web Services, Gitlab Pipelines, among others!
We are now looking for a Java Software Developer (intermediate to senior level) to join our growing team. We're looking for someone who's excited about developing product lines and who's a good team player. Our team of developers values helping each other out and they work great together, so someone who appreciates teamwork is super important!
This will be your role
- Implement existing product lines and help us develop new ones!
- Integrate our product lines with Airlines' reservation and payment systems (Sabre, Amadeus, Navitaire)
- Develop REST APIs
- Support new business domains and use cases
- Personalise our existing product lines to adapt to our partners needs
- Mostly back end but front end knowledge will be a plus
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design
- Solid Java/JVM or equivalent programming skills (+3 years)
- You’re versatile and enjoy learning new technologies and languages
- You're a team player - and love to be one!
- You're living in Barcelona or willing to relocate
Nice to have (but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of Node.js and Groovy
What you will get from us
- Starting salary: €30K-€40K, depending on your experience. We do salary reviews AT LEAST once a year, so people tend to see their salaries grow very quickly!
- Flexible compensation plan (private health insurance, Transport/Restaurant/Nursery cheques)
- Constant learning and development through onsite training
- An office in the heart of Barcelona with great views of the city!
- Flexibility - we know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way!
- A real chance to grow very rapidly - we are growing, which means that there's plenty of room for personal development.
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result.
- You will never be bored!