We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
We are looking for an experienced software architect to take on a leading role and help developing the core technology of our business – giving a face for A.I. Reporting to Chief Technical Officer (CTO), your primary tasks will be:
- Develop software solutions: Evaluate and identify software solutions, define overall product architecture and detailed product definition (based on business analysis and requirements definition), conduct research, gather information, interpret data, and then create a solution
- Lead Projects: Act as the lead person on all software development projects, creating a team of workers suitable for the scope of the project, assigning duties to the staff, creating a timeline for the project, and performing cost analysis and budgeting functions, managing of analysis, design, programming, testing and deployment
- Document Projects: Every aspect of a system or application must be thoroughly recorded. These documents will serve as references for new employees and for future maintenance on the system.
- Mentor Subordinates: Coaching and mentoring one’s development team.
You will also be required to provide input and interact with the frontend, backend, devops, QA, security and business stakeholders.
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For you, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CTO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CTO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
Following the Must/Should/Could language convention, you need to tick the following boxes:
- MUST have exceptional experience in the field of architecture, developments, and deployment of high-volume applications
- MUST have sound knowledge of development and operation methods related to agile software
- MUST have deep knowledge of practices and procedures related to the distributed architecture
- MUST be proficient with web/mobile frontend across platforms
- MUST have broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- MUST have knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- MUST understand various coding methods and computer languages
- MUST have experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- SHOULD have data modelling and database design experience
- SHOULD have experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- SHOULD know how to interact with front-end developers and computer vision experts and define APIs and integrations
- SHOULD have experience in designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- SHOULD express yourself well in writing creating documentation, diagrams, and well-commented code
- COULD consider, understand, and implement security and data protections
- Competitive salary
- Possibility of stock options (ESOP)
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership