Doctolib is looking for our next Site Reliability Engineer to join 6 others on our infrastructure team. You will become a key player in the team that keeps our platform available and reliable for 50 million patients and 125,000 doctors. Think hyper-secure, hyper-scalable infrastructure as code; Kubernetes on a Linux cloud.
Reliability is key to giving our users the best experience. The 50 million Europeans connecting on our platform every month trust us because we provide a reliable free service to connect them to the health care services they need. You will be one of the key players who will be responsible for the scalability and stability of our platform. You will learn and grow as we do while we build Europe’s and maybe one day the world's leading e-health platform.
What you need to know
You will be working on hyper secure health data hosting covered by the HDS certification.
Our developers own deployment of the code base and we deploy 3 times a day. You will work on the reliability of our platform and building an elegant well oiled machine.
We take a full stack approach to developing user first products our clients love. Our developers work on a Ruby on Rails Monolith, with a React front end.
This is a fast paced highly collaborative environment but we believe in making pragmatic engineering decisions and keeping the stack simple.
Our infrastructure team is one of the many teams that support developers. You will also work with our dedicated Security teams and Engineering Efficiency teams to create a world class developer environment.
You will be driving Linux systems all day long, playing with Kubernetes in a production environment and automating using tools like Chef and Terraform.
You will join a team of highly experienced engineers and leaders from around the globe. This SRE role reports directly to Sergio Simone and you will be working with an established team of 6 SREs.
We want you to join us because you enjoy the challenges of high scale site reliability, we will support you to grow as we do and take care of you with great benefits like free medical insurance and a superb working environment
Here at Doctolib we are just at the beginning of our journey to change healthcare for good. There are many challenges today and many more to come.
Working on a high availability platform, you will be in charge of:
- Ensuring the availability of a scalable, reliable and secure platform hosted on AWS (IAAS);
- Orchestrating Kubernetes workloads on EKS
- Automating infrastructure deployment and management through Terraform;
- Forecasting the load on production components and planning capacity accordingly;
- Understanding and fixing production incidents and then making sure they won’t happen twice through thorough post-mortems;
- Testing disaster recovery plans and training for operational readiness.
As for what we require of you?
As SRE at Doctolib you should be striving to identify the best possible metrics to measure the quality of our services and fight to improve them constantly. Your mindset and enthusiasm for SRE culture and methodology are as important as your experience.
You won’t just have read google SRE book, we are looking for an experienced SRE who is looking to join and support a growing team.
You enjoy problem solving, programming, systems design, networking and OS internals. Probably not all at once though.
You will have used some technologies like: Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Debian, Ruby, AWS, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Jenkins, Nginx, Haproxy, PostgreSQL, Redis.
You want to contribute to building better healthcare systems for Doctors, Hospitals and Patients.
Apply Today and our team will be in touch to tell you more
You probably know Doctolib already, but let’s give you more input:
- Doctolib, an eHealth Startup founded in 2013, is now used by millions of patients and thousands of doctors in Europe.
- We are a team of more than 1400 Doctolibers between France and Germany who all share the same passion, changing healthcare for good by building great products our users love.
Watch this video about our architecture.
About our Engineering Team
- Is currently more than 250 people across many product orientated teams
- Our team is Split between 3 offices; Paris, Berlin and Nantes.
- We meet up twice a month to share knowledge at our Tech Times
- We actively Contribute to the wider tech community;
- You can read about what we share on our blog
- Enjoy our tech talks here
- Find some of our open source contributions on GitHub
- You are encouraged to go to conferences and contribute
- We work remotely 2 days a week
- We are agile company, which allow us to “put in production” every day
- We use tech for good
Some key figures about us:
- We partner with 125,000 doctors and 2,200 healthcare facilities including some of the most important hospitals in France and Germany.
- We have an exponential trajectory with 120% YoY growth.
- We operate a patient portal visited by more than 50 million patients every month.
- We are a French-German company with a team of 1300 people split over 40 cities and 2 headquarters in Paris and Berlin.
- We have received 230M€ in investment from General Atlantic, Accel, Eurazeo, the French State and a group of European entrepreneurs
Our Benefits :
- Onboarding through our DoctoAcademy
- Be part of our team bulding, DoctoMonthlyMeeting, DoctoWeek-Ends, Hackathons & Meetups..
- Restauration offer
- Access to our gym club and preferential price with Gymlib.
- Work in a great environment in our new office at Levallois (12000 m² on 7 floors, 3 terasse, Rooftop, gym club, 2 restaurants, parking..)