ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the role
As a ConsenSys Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as part of a team responsible for building and maintaining enterprise grade highly scalable production systems running blockchain-based applications built using the latest technologies focused on maximizing the platform’s stability, reliability, availability and security.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and continuously improve our team’s processes, tools and solutions used to build, deploy, monitor, maintain and scale production systems
- Design and improve our monitoring, alerting and remediation solutions with focus on proactively identifying and addressing production issues
- Participate in the on-call rotation for for critical system alerts
- Investigate and lead the efforts to remediate critical operational platform issues
- Design and improve support processes in collaboration with support and dev teams (change management, incident management, on-call, etc)
- In-depth understanding of production management principles for distributed systems
- 3-5 years experience developing infrastructure as code or working with a cloud provisioning tool
- 3-5 years of experience working in operations teams managing production environments
- 3-5 years of scripting experience in python/bash/go or equivalent
- Hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as Azure and AWS
- Hands-on experience working with logging, monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic stack, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with Terraform
- Hands-on experience working on microservices architecture using containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Technical aptitude, ability and passion for learning new software and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to think on feet and resolve issues in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Nice to have
- Hands on experience working with Azure is an advantage
- Security experience is an advantage
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies and tools
- Technological degree in Computer science or equivalent
- An understanding of blockchain technology and the Ethereum ecosystem
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.