After a high success startup in Vietnam, VinFast will enter the European market. The target launch date is mid- 2022. The company’s first offering will be a dedicated EV SUV. To achieve its entry date, VinFast is currently executing on a comprehensive launch plan that includes the manufacture, testing, and certification of the vehicle that will be produced in Vietnam. European marketing, sales, and distribution entity has been established to sell and service VinFast products. Initial target market is France, Germany, and the Netherland.
Corporate offices and showrooms will be established throughout the 3 countries mentioned above.
VinFast is currently recruiting its European team. The Showroom Construction Manager will be a key member of the development of the company and the team and will have the following responsibilities:
Scope of Job
The Showroom Construction Manager will have overall responsibility and accountability for oversees all Real Estate for the company in the Netherlands including but not limited to:
- Executes company real estate strategy from Site Identification, through construction administration, site handover to sales & services teams.
- Oversee the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents.
- Project responsibility covers design, construction, and operations.
- Review construction documents, shop drawings to ensure execution of the design intent.
- Drive and track progress on multiple projects of varying sizes simultaneously and ensure completion within prescribed timelines
- Monitor project costs and be sure there are on track and aligned with the budget
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with the subcontractors, stakeholders, architect, engineers, and VinFast management team
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and building commercial and/or manufacturing facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Skills or strong knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing knowledge to coordinate utilities with external consultants.
- Understanding of zoning and knowledge of local building codes and permitting process.
- Must have the ability to discuss technical topics with a variety of audiences – architects, engineers, contractors, internal team
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and through drawings/sketches.
Characteristics & Traits
- Excellent organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build very good relationships with internal team and subcontractors
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Executive presence, confidence, and enthusiastic attitude.
- The can-do mindset with high energy and strong work ethic.
- High integrity and business ethics; operates with the best interests of the company in mind.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to deal well with modifications and changes to operating plans.
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for excellence and contributing to the success of the business.