Do you want to work with the best and be part of a historical & strategic Energy project? If you’re thriving in a dynamic and lean organisation , enjoy working in multicultural teams and want to shape the energy landscape for decades to come, then this is the opportunity for you!
The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a joint venture company established with the purpose of planning, developing, building and operating the TAP natural gas pipeline. TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), SNAM (20%), SOCAR (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
Construction of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline has been completed, Commissioning is nearing completion, and we will soon transport gas for the Southern Gas Corridor. We are looking for our Dispatching team in Italy, a Shift Dispatcher to be based in Melendugno .
Reporting directly to the Systems Control & Dispatch Manager, as the Shift Dispatcher you will be responsible for operating and monitoring the TAP gas treatment and transportation assets to ensure nominations are safely and efficiently achieved to meet commercial requirements.
You will also be a key member of the TAP Emergency Response (ER) Team and as such you will participate in ER and Crisis Management Exercises.
The station will be monitored 24/7, therefore you will be based around a Shift pattern to accommodate this.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Executive dispatch, monitoring and control (via SCADA System) of the gas transportation assets from the Supervisory Control Centre (SCC) located at the Pipeline Receiving Terminal (PRT), Gas Compressor Stations (GCS), Block Valve Stations (BVS) and Main Transmission Pipeline to ensure that all daily commercial commitments to Shippers are met on specification, volume, rate and on time.
- Ensuring that all gas transportation assets are operated safely and in a manner in line with approved procedures and process parameters
- Performing regular review of control system graphics; checking for correct status, position, element response and process anomalies
- Selecting and setting up process parameters for trending, troubleshooting and reporting
- Responsible for following correct operating procedures following local and remote-control room alarms initiated by the Distributed Control System (DCS), Emergency Shut Down (ESD) and Fire and Gas (F&G) system
- Responsible for following correct maintenance and process override procedures including monitoring time limits on temporary override and bypasses
- Analysing process symptoms and assessing the requirements for maintenance response
- Performing as primary Focal Point for communications on process status with compressor stations in Albania and Greece including continuous oversight of permit conditions during maintenance and inspection work
- Ensuring preparation, configuration and readiness of plant systems and equipment for safe start up and shutdowns of the processes
- Acting decisively in isolation and blowdown scenarios to minimise venting with respect to specific plant upset scenarios
- Coordinating with adjacent Transmission System Operators to guarantee gas flowrates and quality targets are met
- Proven and recognised qualification of academic study – Technological Institution
- Recognised technology related award in Process Technology or Science or Automation & Control
- Knowledge of basic science and mathematical concepts
- Good communicator and fast learner
- PC literate and team player
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints
- Able to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Accurate; paying attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Italian, written and spoken
- Valid driving license