This is an opportunity to join a fast growing and innovative media startup, and gain experience in a global business which has raised a total of £7 million of funding, most recently from News Corporation. Our mission is to build influential media brands which are loved, feared and imitated.
In this role, you will work on diverse technical challenges on a unique, large WordPress multi-site. You will have responsibility for maintaining a site and infrastructure visited by millions of people a month. You will have a large degree of autonomy as you deal with unique and interesting engineering challenges coming from innovative roadmap challenges.
In the next year we intend to redesign two hugely popular editorial brands, and launch new products which serve their biggest fans. This is likely to include mobile apps, paid membership and new commercial products. You will have important input into product development and the roadmap.
Working in a tech team of three at our office in Shoreditch, London you will be responsible for:
- Managing a large WordPress multi-site install
- Responsibility for dev ops and deployments
- Orchestrating AWS deployments and servers
- Working with WordPress REST API
- Building out features for custom themes and plugins
- Debugging issues across the stack
- Regular security audits
As our WordPress Developer you will have experience with:
● Setting up and maintaining infrastructure on AWS
● Build tools, including Git, Linux and Docker
- Competitive salary
- 2% pension, rising to 3% in April 2019
- Company Macbook Pro
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Breakfast provided in the office