We are looking for a motivated, highly technical Senior Web Developer who loves programming with the latest technologies and enjoys building appealing web interfaces. You will be working with the Wire Web team, collaborating with UX/UI Designers and Backend Engineers in the development of new features on our web application. Your focus will be to further develop Wire for Web, keeping its lean design and high coding standards.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. www.wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, hardware of your choice, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Implementing functionality according to design specifications
- Creating smooth & pleasant user interfaces
- Writing different types of tests (unit, integration & compatibility)
- Migrating existing frontend code to new technologies (React, Redux)
- A keen eye for great design
- Passion for Pair Programming
- Willingness to develop CSS-based Layouts (Flexbox, Grids & Floats)
- Handling Responsive Design (Media Queries, Flexible Images, Scalable Vector Graphics)
- Knowledge of CSS-Style guides (BEM, OOCSS or SMACSS)
- Experience in building cross platform desktop apps with Electron is a plus
- Interest in latest frontend technologies, e.g. Web Components
- Experience with build tools like Grunt, Gulp & npm
BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred