Who We Are
We are a fast growing multinational LegalTech startup with a team of 60+ people based in Cologne (Germany) and Maastricht (Netherlands). Our mission is to make legal accessible to everyone: quick, easy and comfortable.
Combining great legal minds with cutting edge technology is key for us by doing so - this way we want to give people all over the world access to their legal rights. Obviously we cannot change the law - but we can change the way it feels.
With a working prototype and 100,000+ users already, we now start with taking our service international and with your help, we want to set up our new technological foundation using a greenfield approach.
What You Do
- Work within an agile team employing Scrum.
- Build up the whole IT landscape from scratch.
- Design the development and deployment process and live it.
- Haggle with your technical PO about solution approaches and estimates.
- Help to write stories and implement them.
- Code great features, make sure they are tested and meet the quality guidelines.
- Manage the code base as well as the underlying infrastructure in a DevOps approach - You build it, you run it!
What We Offer
- We are easygoing, humble people and we love to create a work environment where everybody feels comfortable.
- You will be faced with technical challenges on a daily basis. We want to build innovative products and we want you to build them with us.
- You have your say. We need your experience and we are willing to listen.
- Say goodbye to agency hours! We also like to spend time with our families and friends.
- Competitive compensation for good performance.
Who You Are
- A few years of experience in developing scalable web applications.
- Developed front- and backend and maintained the applications afterwards.
- Profound experience in at least two of the following languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, C# and the corresponding frameworks.
- Very good understanding of relational databases like MySQL or Postgres, experience with key-value-stores like Redis would be nice.
- Knowledge on the ins and outs of git, unit and integration testing, Jenkins and deployment managers (e.g. Capistrano).
- Comfortable in dealing with technologies like ElasticSearch, Varnish, Docker, Puppet, ELK.
- LAMP is something you don’t expect light coming out of it but you can set it up in no time.
- You know that scaling doesn’t only depend on the system but mostly on the programming style.
- You are familiar with IP addresses, network masks, DNS and also firewalls.
- Experience with CMS and Machine Learning would be a plus.
- You are a go to person, who is motivated to deliver great functionality to users and you know what “pragmatic” means.