Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for data driven user experience.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
To further this goal we are looking for a senior Web Analyst to lead our web analytics efforts. We have recently rebuilt our website so it is a great opportunity for an experienced and ambitious web analyst to implement analytics from scratch and be the expert that teaches the best practices to the organisation. Furthermore you will shape the direction & growth of our hotel marketplace by analysing user behaviour, finding areas of improvement and guiding our AB testing with data. You will work across our Customer Experience tribe supporting the teams working on our price comparison & check-out experience. We're looking for driven experts who understand e-commerce user behaviour and who have the technical & analytical skills to make sense of the mountain of data our users generate. This is a great challenge for the web analytics expert who wants to join us in our quest to build the next generation of accommodation search!
What you will be doing
- Lead the implementation of our new web analytics setup
- Be the owner, in-house expert and teacher on all analytics and tag management tools.
- Build visibility into our user behaviour and website metrics by leveraging event tracking, analytics and dashboards
- Take the lead in QAing and debugging the flow of events on our website
- Analyse user behaviour to discover insights
- Define & monitor the KPI’s for our website and AB tests
- Contribute to the prioritisation of experiments and analyse&interpret AB test results
- Work with data analysts & engineers to build and optimise data driven features on the web site
- Support marketing teams with web analytics & tracking.
- Communicate proactively and educate the rest of the company with your insights
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up on the results of the AB tests that are running to see if any require attention. During the daily team stand-up you present your latest findings on user behaviour, suggest improvements and raise problems or challenges you have faced. Before lunch you implement a new event in the analytics system to track how users interact with our hotel recommendations feature. After a team lunch you'll meet with the Testing Committee to brainstorm new AB test ideas and prioritising the backlog. At the end of the day you'll set aside time to research intriguing questions that you want to investigate - the difference in the behaviour of users interacting with filters while searching for nearby vs far away destinations for example.
The team: Product owners, UX researcher/designers, web developers and is supported by data analysts & engineers.
People we love:
- You are highly analytical and data driven and have the ability to , analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- You are eager to learn new things and have a flexible mindset
- You have great intuition and passion for e-commerce analytics, user experience and conversion optimisation
- You are an expert at analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Mixpanel, Hotjar etc.
- You are an expert at tag management, especially Google Tag Manager
- You are experienced with designing and running AB tests
- You have working knowledge of data visualisation software like Looker or Tableau
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- You have experience working on e-commerce websites (online travel is a plus)
Why join now?
- We recently rebuilt our website and its infrastructure to be faster, extensible, and scalable; built a local team of experienced product developers which will double during 2019; and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that aims to grow from 40 to 100 team members in the next year.
- We have a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits. (including Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food, and offer catered lunches from various cuisines.
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying