Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, product and design.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveler can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for a UX Lead that will shape our user experience principles and develop with us the best service a metasearch engine can offer. Our team strives to build a world-class system which will allow any user to easily find the best traveling deal, and also expand our presence in the metasearch world. You will be operating with a high scale system, that communicates with our suppliers and effectively redistributes inventory over different marketing channels, maintaining high quality and the best usability possible.
What you will really be doing
- Lead the definition of our design principles and process, so that they can be applied consistently throughout the product development process.
- Establish a deep understanding of how our customers think, process information, and take action through qualitative and quantitative methods. You will use that understanding to be a passionate advocate for the user experience, defending long-term user needs in the product design.
- Shape the customer experience and define the product through a partnership with our engineering team, product team, and founder.
- Grow and mentor a team through a collaborative environment that empowers them to design best-in-class user experiences.
- Evolve our design direction to take advantage of our unique position in the marketplace and identify new opportunities to deliver additional value to our customers.
- Partner with our analysts to understand the quantitative side of the product and combine it with the qualitative to gain a 360-degree view into the customer.
How will you be doing this
- You are a passionate advocate for the customer.
- You have seen enough to know which process to follow and how much effort to invest in a problem.
- You are creative, but know that good product design is problem driven, not flashy visuals.
- You are joining a highly motivated team that meets ambitious deadlines, where there is always a budget for good ideas.
Why join now
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of experienced product developers which will double during 2019, and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year, lead by product improvements.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that aims to grow from 40 to 100 team members in the next year.
- We have a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- Significant experience as a UX generalist in a leading consumer-facing technology company.
- Experience leading and mentoring designers.
- Experience partnering with Product and Engineering to build and ship product.
- Experience leading and delivering full-lifecycle design projects, from design strategy through execution.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture (IA) and interaction design (IxD), user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- In-depth understanding of current design and interaction trends.
- Experience with A/B testing processes. You value iterative product development and know how to use this key process in your team's work.
- A great teammate and an excellent communicator, fluent in both written and spoken English.
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, and be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- We are on a mission to change the trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on benefiting the traveler.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value food, and offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches).