Findhotel is developing a hotel booking marketplace, the next generation of 'hotel metasearch', and we are looking for a senior UX designer to lead our product design.
This is a highly important role for us, as you will both be joining our effort to improve and simplify our current design, as well as have a key role in our conversion optimization efforts and the product evolution in the coming years.
What you tell your friends you do
"I design the best hotel search experience in the world"
What you will really be doing
- Analyze data, heatmaps and interview users to understand their expectation from the hotel metasearch of the future.
- Develop new design components that will improve our users ability to find the right accommodation for their needs.
- Prepare mock-ups that a UI designer just needs to pretty up a bit before they're sent to the front-end devs.
- Test dozens of designs a year, most of which will miserably fail, but teach us valuable lessons.
- Work closely with the product owner, data analyst and the development team to choose priorities and product design paths
How will you be doing this
You work from research to hypothesis to solution design, and only then bring the paintbrush.
You prefer to remove an item than to add one.
You prioritize value for the user over looks.
You prioritize your own work together with your team and product owner, eager to be involved in all aspects of product development.
You are joining a highly motivated team that meets ambitious deadlines, where there is always a budget for good ideas.
Experience is your guru, your gut feeling isn't. If an idea aligns with the user's best interests and makes sense to build, we will test it.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 6 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 1.5M monthly visitors to 10M+within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 30 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
People we love
- Visible experience in designing clean, usable interfaces for conversion-driven websites.
- Experienced with UX for all devices (desktop/mobile/tablet).
- Attention to details and emphatic to the user.
- Great in prototyping solutions.
- A great teammate and an excellent communicator, fluent in both written and spoken English.
- A fast learner with a curious mindset.
A big plus
Experience working on large scale travel or e-commerce products
Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team.