As a member of Zalando’s User Research team , you will support product ideation and optimization by researching customers, identifying needs and testing interfaces. You ensure that bad ideas fail early - and you inspire colleagues to iterate good ideas into great solutions.
You will impact a wide variety of products - from startup ventures to B2B solutions -- in addition to Europe’s largest fashion portal. You will study a diverse range of customers, incl. high-profile fashion brands, style bloggers, internal users of enterprise software and the ca. 23 million consumers served by our flagship product.
Zalando’s product design teams employ an evolving mix of traditional user-centered methodologies, Lean UX practices, and design thinking. Researchers work closely with designers and product managers to build the right solutions. To be most effective, we build strong relationships with other internal teams. Together with market research, business intelligence and product analytics experts) we ensure a holistic 360° understanding of customer needs and behaviors.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
As a user researcher, you will lead by example and raise the bar for impactful empathy.
- Impact. Influence all steps of the product development cycle across multiple products. Structure the research lifecycle, build methodological competencies and innovate our ways of working.
- Insights. Provide great answers to great questions. Challenge the team in finding solutions for the right problems. Follow up to make sure insights are acted on. Spread insights out beyond the core stakeholders to fuel innovation.
- Local empathy. Understand our users in all key markets so that Zalando products feel native to them.
- Vision. Be the voice of the customer. Develop and defend a point of view and understanding about our users, in order to influence decisions at a strategic level.
- Teaching. Coach, support and critique your colleagues. Train and empower designers and PMs to do solid research themselves. Give back to the larger Design community by writing and speaking about your successes and failures on our journey to making Zalando the premiere place in Europe to do groundbreaking user research.
YOU ARE SKILLED
To land this job you will show and explain research artifacts from various stages of the product development process that illustrate your proven ability to deliver actionable user insights.
- Planning. You shape the research agenda. You plan and execute a wide variety of studies independently - interviews, tests, surveys, workshops, etc. -across the entire product lifecycle.
- Methodology. You know when to do what -- and why. You identify the key research questions, choose the best method, spot the right people to interview, lead interviews and play a key role in synthesizing and communicating insights.
- Prioritization. You balance high-quality research with short deadlines and highly iterative cycles.
- Collaboration. You work in multidisciplinary international teams.
- Communication. You communicate fluently in English and -- ideally -- at least one other European language.
YOU ARE OFFERED
- Peers. We have highly diverse and international, accomplished User Researchers and Designers that act as a Product Design Team to drive our products to the next level.
- Culture. A workplace where trust, empowerment, and feedback are valued; positive, inspiring working atmosphere. In our Design show & tell every second week, we foster knowledge sharing in our Product Design community.
- Development. We believe in a purpose-driven approach to motivating and developing people. Zalando helps you to grow to engage with great design communities all around the world. We offer mentoring, personal branding support and diverse career opportunities.
- Perks. Competitive salary; great shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; flexible working times; family service and parent & child rooms; and volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings.