About the Company: Currency Solutions started in 2003 with the belief that every customer deserved access to excellent exchange rates, a premium service and the latest market insight and technology. Fast forward to today and we’ve successfully transitioned from start-up to a leading independent FX and international payments company. Headquartered in London with offices in four countries, we’ve sent billions securely around the world and been ranked ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot by our customers. Today the world is different.
Our core beliefs haven’t changed, but we recognise our delivery must if we are to successfully solve the complex challenges our customers are facing. In practice, this means finding both savings and stability in challenging trading environments, moving to an anticipatory model of servicing business and personal customers, and collaborating with industry partners to develop new and compelling product and service offerings. As part of our continuing growth, we are now looking for a skilled Senior UX Designer to join our technology team and play a key role in defining and designing amazing user interfaces.
Role description: As a Senior UX Designer at Currency Solutions, you will play a key role in working with both internal stakeholders and external users to research, define, validate, and design great user experiences. Using a variety of techniques and software, you will convert user needs into digital experiences, and in turn will go on to create the development artifacts needed to successfully take an idea through into delivery. This will be the company’s first UX hire, and you will need to be highly skilled in your field, operating with minimum oversight and prioritising your own workload. The role will report into the Head of Product.
- Own the User Experience
- Take the UX lead in rebuilding our online products from scratch
- Run and facilitate in-person and remote workshops for both internal stakeholders, and external prospects and existing clients
- Working alongside Product and Engineering, take the lead role in defining design standards, guidelines, and templates, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Meet with clients to gather information about their requirements and validate your UX hypotheses
- Be comfortable with initial ambiguity, and be able to transform it into clearly defined requirements
- Run A/B / MVT experiments to test designs and validate assumptions
- Work closely with Product and Business Analysis to produce user stories and supporting collateral
- Create user personas, user journeys and site maps
- Produce great UX collateral across the whole product lifecycle, including rough sketches, interactive flat designs, high-def branded collateral, wireframes, prototypes and style guides using tools such as Axure, Miro, Figma, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences that transition multiple devices
- Work closely with both frontend and backend developers to ensure that user experiences are technically feasible and realistic
The experience and competencies you will bring:
- An ability to quickly build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience in leading change, driving decisions, and ensuring that all deliverables are fit for purpose and providing the intended value.
- Confidence in engaging stakeholders operating at all levels.
- Experience working with cross-functional IT development teams within an Agile software delivery environment.
- A pragmatic approach to task prioritisation with “outside the box” problem solving skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in a UX role within an organisation(s) using agile software development methodologies.
- Flexibility for occasional travel if required.
- Flexibility to attend out of hours conference calls if required.
- Ideally experienced in using Design Sprints, but able to learn fast if not.
- Experience in FinTech or Technology organisations would be beneficial, but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of and interest in currency exchange would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience of working with both in-house and offshore development teams would be beneficial, but not essential.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please apply now.