At Castle, we're on a mission to protect online users against hackers and bots. Our vision is to be the easiest and most developer friendly way of adding user account security processes to your platform. Using our APIs, companies can track user interactions to figure out when accounts have been compromised, as well as giving their users the ability to recover their accounts eg. by sending out an email notification or text message.
As the first Technical Program/Project Manager at Castle, you'll leverage your ability to navigate complex projects in an efficient and collaborative way in order to assure the highest quality work. You'll guide and support your team to build cohesion and deliver on cross-functional initiatives, while enabling Castle to create clear lines of communication across multiple stakeholders and geographies. With your vision and strategic influence, your team will plan and evolve projects, from inception to design to completion, in an elegant and scalable manner while delivering on deadlines.
What you'll do
- In collaboration with our product management team, you'll help design, plan out and execute new features and initiatives, from discovery phase through final delivery in production. This involves both technical guidance and ensuring that the right people are involved throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Be involved in product roadmap planning, breaking it down into well-scoped projects with clear deliverables, enabling us to get closer to our vision, step by step
- Coordinate with the product team in SF on a daily basis to ensure that product development is continuously guided by the right requirements. If something more needs definition you will reach out to the right people and work towards clarity for everyone involved
- Define objectives that align the engineering team towards the end product goals and find creative ways of turning them into clear, actionable items
- Understand and communicate complex engineering concepts and challenges to make sure they can be tackled in the most efficient way
- Make sure our product delivery process is continuously improving and ensure that past learnings are shared and incorporated for efficiency optimization
- You will be a driving force in making sure that any missing project requirements are resolved to form a clear path to implementation
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years experience working in product management roles, ideally in product teams with strategic focus
- You have practical experience with agile and lean methodologies, and know how to translate those into effective routines with the right balance between quality and speed
- You have experience working with cross functional teams across multiple geographies and time zones
- You have a deep understanding of technical concepts and practical experience with software development (e.g., distributed systems, web development)
- You are an effective communicator with the ability to define clear goals and success metrics for every project (e.g., fluency with Jira and other collaboration tools).
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible work hours
- Full hardware package: MacBook Pro, noise-cancelling headphones, 27-inch screen
- Remote work budget for equipment needed to work remotely
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, and individual development budget
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Annual offsites, team events and the possibility to visit and work from our offices in Cracow, Malmö and San Francisco
Castle has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and the folks we seek are passionate about evolving it. Creating a place of belonging for all individuals is part of our core ethos, and we are committed to fostering a safe and productive environment where everyone can do their best work. Together, we aim to be humble, hardworking, solution-oriented and, above all, good team players who get things done. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
Note: This opportunity is fully remote within North America and/or Europe. You will be the link between our European and American teams, operating between the continental time zones.