BlueOptima’s mission is to maximise the economic and social value that software engineering organisations are capable of delivering. Our vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers.
We are a global company which has consistently doubled in headcount and revenue YoY, with no external investment. We are based across 6 locations, with headquarters in London and additional offices in India, Mexico and the US and a current total number of 170+ employees from 22 different nationalities and 20 languages spoken.
Due to the expansion of our London Business Development team, we are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to lead, guide and scale our sales operations within EMEA and APAC.
The role will directly report into our Head of Sales and will involve the strategic management of revenue generation, sales processes and team efficiencies.
- By the end of your first year, success would mean having full autonomy and ownership of your team, including implementing and managing KPIs and OKRs to understand performance, leading to efficient data driven decisions and the closing of Enterprise level deals. This should be conducted through:
- Coaching and leading a direct team of 4 Business Development Executives, plus 2 Business Development Representatives indirectly, to become confident and successful solution sales professionals.
- Taking the lead on continuous improvement strategies for training, revenue generation and maximising efficiency within your immediate team as well as the global department
- Leading from the front and contributing to revenue targets through ownership of your own pipeline
- Working alongside our Customer Success Team to close additional revenue through upselling and cross selling
- As the team continues to expand, we would expect that you would be able to confidently fulfill the responsibilities of a Head of Sales after 18-24 months in the role.
This role would be best suited for someone who has:
- Previous experience of identifying and closing Enterprise level deals, through demonstrating value with a solutions focused approach
- High levels of drive and motivation to identify opportunities for self- and team-improvement through structured and ad-hoc training
- A passion for leading from the front and empowering their team through ownership and accountability
- Previous experience in scaling a fast growing sales function and/or can demonstrate a logical mindset which uses data driven decisions to foresee and overcome any issues of scale and growth
- A deep understanding of Sales frameworks and methodologies, with an understanding of their relevance at different stages of the sales process
- A passion for software development, who may have a keen interest in SDLC
- Modern office at Elephant and Castle with 32’ curved gaming monitors for every employee (currently available for work from home!).
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Training programs and Personal Development Plans for each employee
- Frequent team socials, pizza & ping-pong tournaments at the office (post lockdown)
- International travel opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities - 2 days work from home per week