NannyML is an early stage venture funded start-up. At NannyML we build enterprise software for supervising and correcting ML systems in production. That includes detecting data and concept drift, estimating performance loss and suggesting corrective actions as well as a dashboard that presents all these insights for business and technical users. Our goal is to ensure that ML systems keep adding value and that insights that can be extracted from ML systems are clearly communicated to business stakeholders. We want to make ML in production effortless to interact with and extract value from.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to architect and build a great product as our first employee. You will be working closely with the founding team. Our expertise is in leveraging business information, exploiting data and prototyping data solutions. Your expertise comes in to complement the team: you will be responsible for product development from the software and data engineering side: from designing engineering processes, brainstorming with the founders, through prototyping and first implementation to architectural choices and frameworks. You will have the ownership and the decision making power to shape everything that lies between product and research. As we grow NannyML we expect you to grow with us. We envision your path may grow your position into VP of engineering or similar.
We are an early stage startup, and so you will wear many hats and be expected to do what's needed for the company to succeed, including working on things that you don't know anything about and at weird times from time to time — we all are. You will have the opportunity to get meaningfully involved in the areas of product, engineering, hiring and people management among others.
We value freedom with responsibility, transparency and a growth mindset. We believe in generating our own luck by trying out new stuff, always asking, constantly learning, reading and meeting new people with different world-views. We value trying new things, and appreciate that from time to time things may break in the process. Working at NannyML you will have full autonomy to make impactful decisions and prioritise and organise your work the way you see fit.
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-2 to UTC+3) or you are not fully willing to relocate immediately. This is a fully remote position, however we will be working with you very closely, so significant work hours overlap is necessary. You also need to be able to fly to Belgium or Portugal as needed.
Experience with early stage product is absolutely necessary. If you don't have such experience please do not apply. Please bear in mind that this is not a web development position, while web development might be a small part of what you do, it is not going to be your main focus.
- Integrate and productionize Data Drift detection and prediction algorithms
- Develop and deliver CI/CD, version control and testing frameworks
- Brainstorm new features and shape the product road map together with the founding team and clients
- Architect, design, and hands-on build the software
- Produce clean, well-documented and efficient code
- Handle automation, infrastructure and orchestration
- Help with implementing NannyML at clients and with clients on-boarding
- You significantly contributed to building an early stage product
- You have experience working with data (such as ML systems, big data or building data heavy products like BI tools)
- Great communication skills in English - both oral and written
- You are extremely proactive, independent and comfortable with proposing new ideas — and holding your ground when you believe you are right.
- Strong experience with Python in back-end development, infrastructure or data engineering
- 5+ years working as a Software Engineer or in a similar role
- You live in or are willing and able to relocate to EU time zones
- You were the first engineer or the lead engineer in a venture funded startup
- Experience with data engineering tools and containerization
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Experience building enterprise grade software
- Significant experience with on-premise deployment and integration with enterprise IT systems.
- Basic familiarity with Machine Learning
- Masters degree in a STEM related field
- Fully Remote Working Environment
- 23+ Days of Planned Leave Annually
- Paid sick leave and private healthcare plan
- We support paid parental leave
- Home office, work and well-being allowances (for yoga, gym etc.) and other nice benefits
- Stock option plan
- Salary: 54,000 - 66,000 EUR/year
Please Apply Via this Link