At New Relic, we provide our customers real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to quickly identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance and get the most of their software and infrastructure.
If you love scale and want to contribute to one of the largest and fastest growing observability platforms in the market, we want to hear from you: New Relic is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our international team based in our European Development Center in Barcelona. We’re a fast-growing software company that cares about our product and culture.
This position is for the Infrastructure Instrumentation organization, which develops and maintains instrumentation and integrations for a wide range of products, including Kubernetes, Cassandra, etc... All the development is open source, and we also contribute to other open source projects.
What You’ll Do
- Build, maintain, and scale open source integrations.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Create automation and tooling to make our integrations simpler to use and to scale.
- Work directly within a multidisciplinary team to help our customers and partners.
- Research new tools and services to understand complex scenarios and to also propose new features.
- Work in an agile environment with a DevOps approach—teams build and maintain their own software, including participating in on-call rotations.
- Experience with distributed systems, concurrency, and scaling in a production environment.
- Strong experience in writing software (Golang, Java, Python...) and you are not afraid of adapting, learning, and working with different languages and frameworks.
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Having a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership
- Fluency in English
- Experience developing monitoring products
- Upstream contributions to relevant open source projects (e.g. Kubernetes, Prometheus, DBs, HTTP servers, etc).
- Experience in technical mentorship and support for helping level-up the skills of colleagues on the team.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.