All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
We are a family of 150+ geeks: Developers, SW Engineers in Test, Technical Writers, UX Designers and Product Managers. With over 25 nationalities, we share a start-up culture while pursuing innovative ways of building highly scalable solutions.
Oracle NetSuite is the world's best cloud-based, multi-tenant ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) service with unified financials, supply chain, order management, omnichannel e-commerce...all in one platform!
We love quality, clean code and follow SOLID principles. We implement Agile and continuous improvement practices: code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, release retrospectives, components of gamification… you name it! Our common language is English, you'll have plenty of opportunities to practice. What’s more, we love our people to succeed: many of our people have risen up the ranks with us!
About the team
More specifically, we are the Procure-to-pay team. Our mission is to design and implement easy-to-use, scalable, and performing solutions that unleash intelligent management of supply and flexible invoicing and payment capabilities that are vital to a company’s success. We’re the team that helps ensure your favorite gadget is always in stock when you go to buy it. Our solutions help to advance supply-chain collaboration and streamline internal and external business processes and transactions. We think out of the box and spend a lot of time brainstorming. The greatest and simplest solutions come from the group effort.
Do you like optimization algorithms? Do you care about performance? Do you value usability? That’s our daily bread.
What we are looking for
Oracle NetSuite is looking for a talented Senior Engineer to extend the ERP – Procure to Pay team in our engineering center in Barcelona. Someone who has a strong drive for excellent software design and clean code principles. A senior engineer who takes pride in their work and has a desire to delight customers.
What we’ll expect from you and help you achieve in your next role
- Implement solutions that include database schema, business logic as well as some presentation layer work.
- Use best practices to create features with the highest levels of reliability, efficiency, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with other development teams, product management and QA to define and implement a new product offering while ensuring the continued functionality of the existing ERP system.
- Develop tests to ensure quality.
We'll love working with each other if you share these values
- Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative, take responsibility and take ownership of your projects
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
Your qualifications & skills
- B.S or Master's in computer engineering or relevant experience in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years’ software development experience
- 5+ years’ SQL database experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Java (C# or similar)
- Excellent communication skills in English
What we offer
- Agile environment – Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- English-speaking environment and international team
- Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
- High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions
- Become actively involved in the tech community: (when possible) we organize and host meetups, programming competitions, and innovation initiatives
- Lunch & learns: present on your favorite topic or hobby and be treated to a free lunch!
- Private health + life insurance
- 25 days of vacation
- Ticket restaurant
- Flexible working hours
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).