We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join Taxify’s team in our headquarters in Tallinn.
Taxify is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 10M happy customers in 25+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building Taxify's growing backend systems
- Coding mostly in node.js (previous experience in node.js is not a requirement)
- Proactively fixing upcoming bugs and solving technical challenges
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap
What skills you should have:
- Experience in node.js / C++ /Java or any OO language
- A university degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar)
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Good English and communication skills
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with any SQL (Mysql/Postgre)
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine)
Benefits of working in Taxify:
- Good compensation: – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn – ping-pong table, free snacks/drinks
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Taxify credit – both for work and leisure rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!