We are a fast-growing Kubernetes product and professional services company that prides itself on helping startups and enterprises alike in their path to modern cloud-native infrastructure. Since early 2015, we have been partnering with companies to accelerate their cloud journey by building trusted, secure and scalable Kubernetes clusters that stand up in production.
Jetstack is the creator of a highly popular open-source project called cert-manager. Cert-manager is downloaded more than 2 million times a day. It is widely used to provision certificates to Kubernetes clusters, and in production with companies like Walmart, the Home Office and Autotrader.
Recently, Jetstack launched Jetstack Secure, a product built on top of cert-manager that enables enterprises to view and manage their machine identities across Cloud Native Kubernetes and OpenShift environments and build a detailed view of their security posture.
We are looking for a software engineer with strong security expertise to join our team and help us build products that our customers can trust and rely on. Working with our software development teams you will lead the security analysis, design and implementation, helping us to mitigate the most critical threats, both current and future. This is an exciting opportunity to work on both commercial products and open source software, and to help all our users to meet their Cloud Native security goals.
The points listed below are not all mandatory. We encourage you to apply if this role sounds interesting to you and you think you have something to contribute to Jetstack, even if you don’t meet all of the criteria.
We look for
- Experience with developing secure software, particularly in Golang, including architecture, design, threat modelling and all other aspects of secure software development
- An interest in building critical software that allows our customers to meet their security goals
- Familiarity with secure software development tools and techniques and the ability to advise on the best way to use them
- Familiarity with product development and the desire to build great B2B products
- A passion for learning and development, and a willingness to challenge ideas as well as listen to other points of view
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ and react appropriately to challenges
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a desire to experiment and push for change
- Ability to communicate effectively with the engineering team, management, and other Jetstack teams
- Familiarity with Golang, Kubernetes, Git and Linux
- Experience working with a fully remote team
- Leading the architecture, design and implementation of secure software, taking in to account technical concerns and the needs of our customers
- Helping the rest of the team learn them the techniques of secure software development
- Staying up to date with the latest threats, techniques and technologies and advising us on how to react to them
- Contributing to the open source community
- Other software engineering responsibilities dictated by needs and priorities
- Working with others and helping everyone be successful. Sharing knowledge and advice, as well as learning from others
- Helping us build our security expertise and contributing to an inclusive and collaborative environment
BenefitsAs well as working with a great team on an exciting project we also offer a number of benefits, including:
Conference leave entitlementFlexible workingA laptop of your choice28 days of holiday (not including UK public holidays)A generous pension scheme£1,000 Annual learning budgetPrivate Medical and Dental
LocationWe are primarily located in the UK, but this role is open to applicants wanting to work remotely from anywhere in Europe.
About JetstackOur mission is to build the best team that will guide and support enterprises and start-ups alike in their adoption of Kubernetes. Our deep understanding and real-world experience in a variety of environments (cloud and on-premises), enables us to accelerate customer projects and provide them with confidence in their operations.
We are a group of open-minded people who care about the service we provide to our customers, the impact we have on the open source community and how we work better together. We have a diverse team who thrives on interesting projects, resolving real life complex issues and giving back to the community. If you’re as interested in learning and developing as we are then please do apply.
Jetstack embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Jetstack is a Venafi company.
More About VenafiVenafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identities—organizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!