Amazon’s Global Engineering Services Team is hiring for a seasoned leader to support the continued expansion of the European fulfillment center network by leading a European team of Project Managers to deliver an international project portfolio under their management responsibility. This role requires advanced project portfolio and program management skills from the definition of business requirements through solutions engineering, planning & budgeting up to project execution & implementation- safe, on time, on budget and turnkey-ready. Experience in vendor performance and portfolio management and application of supply chain methodologies are fundamental.
This role requires to hold regular business reviews supported through metrics/KPIs for their area of responsibility to coordinate and drive execution, and to communicate with stakeholders across various levels of the organization on status and risks. The person must be flexible, solution/action-oriented, capable of dealing with ambiguity, have strong analytical skills and external awareness, and be comfortable to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our culture is that of a maturing & fast-growing start-up; we implement standardization and process governance to protect our speed of growth whilst we continue to obsess over customers. We like using data to guide decisions and prioritization.
The leader of this team will interface with various teams and other leaders within & outside of their immediate org and will be most successful by creating collaborative and integrative working environments where diverse teams are uniting behind common objectives. Effective listening and executive presentation skills are essential.
The role will be based anywhere in EU with 50% of time traveling either domestically or to other EU countries.
· Set, track and accomplish team & individual goals derived from the overall goals of the business unit through effective mechanisms such as regular business reviews and stakeholder communication
· Create and use metrics/KPIs to measure progress and goal achievement, to allocate resources and to hold business partners accountable
· Program management of the project portfolio under responsibility to ensure projects are executed and delivered safely, on time, within budget and turnkey-ready
· Drive a high level of standardization coupled with governance mechanisms to support predictable results at high growth-rate whilst also allowing for continuous improvement
· Initiate and support strategic initiatives and innovation with long-term view, external awareness and positive can-do attitude in anticipation of future challenges
· Act as company representative with vendors, suppliers and business partners
· Build and defend department resource & cost plans
· Resource planning & allocation, OpEx management, talent recruitment, development, promotion, retention as well as succession and business continuity planning
· Bachelor’s degree in (Industrial) Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
· International management experience including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production, distribution and/or project/program management environment
· Professional experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
· Track-record leading and influencing cross-functional teams
· Experience in managing and delivering large, international and complex projects/programs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both native and English language at CEFR level C2
· Ability to work independently with high level of autonomy in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
· Master’s degree in (Industrial) Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
· Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners
· Certified Project/Program Management qualification (PMP, Prince2, or other)
· Working experience with CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD, Solid Works, or other)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.