If you are a senior back end developer with strong experience in devops/system engineering and with the desire to take a key part in solving massive problems on a global scale, this opportunity is for you.
At Mindojo we're working hard to make ultra-premium education available to anyone in the world regardless of location and socioeconomic class. Courses developed on our adaptive learning platform serve as a far superior alternative to existing resources (textbooks, video or classroom lectures, and various "e-learning" products), with our students learning through a rich dialogue with an AI private tutor.
You will work both collaboratively and independently on different parts of our platform, help us optimize the workflow and infrastructure. Your focus will lie on designing and building automated systems to streamline the development and delivery process. You'll collaborate with an elite team of passionate developers who, like you, believe that with the right technology the best education in the world can and should be provided to all of the hundreds of millions of students worldwide, not just to small privileged groups.
This is a remote position with team members telecommuting from all over the world, but you will be invited to participate in periodic company-paid team vacations (typically taking place in some resort in Europe) in which you can get to know your team members better, and have a great time.
- Strong level in Python
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and/or a similar stack
- Knowledge of configuration management with Ansible
- Hands on experience with AWS
- Proven ability to automate processes and build infrastructure
- Experience building and scaling sophisticated, high-performance, highly-available systems
- Take pride in writing and maintaining clean, modular code
- Very good English skills
- Have a comfortable work environment that helps focus and productivity
Bonus points for:
- Active participant of Stackoverflow community
- Knowledge of Docker, PagerDuty, NewRelic
- Experience with BI infrastructure
What you'll do:
- Architect, code, test, deploy, and maintain high-quality software that supports expansion of the Mindojo learning platform
- Streamlining our development process all the way from code check-ins, peer code reviews, static code analysis, running automated functional regressions test to automated deployment in production
- Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
- Direction and communication of the long-term DevOps strategy, constantly building towards the future you've envisioned.