Sportr is an AI-powered content provision service that assists with all aspects of content creation: curation, organisation, generation and publishing. First we curate targeted third-party content for content teams, picking up articles, images and videos relevant for clients, from any website, before organising them in an interface. Once there, it uses artificial intelligence to rank the most important pieces of content, group together related stories and remove irrelevant information. Using machine learning, we then generate a skeleton piece of text on the writer’s chosen articles. Content teams can then use the in-built editor interface to add their brand tone and maximise content flow through their relevant channels. We’re currently focused in sport but are quickly moving to new verticals. Our clients include apps, professional organisations and a multinational social media/lifestyle brand.
Sportr pivoted from SportsFix, the first sports news summary app, voted top 10 out of 425 apps in a pan-European competition hosted by Facebook in partnership with Seedrs.
We are now looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our team. We are a small but fast moving team, working on challenging problems.
AT SPORTR YOU WILL BE:
- Writing great Pythonic microservices
- Doing DevOps – deploy your own code
- Introducing new technologies and patterns – nothing is set in stone
- Reviewing other people’s code – sharing knowledge and keeping quality high
- Using continuous integration
- Using TDD
A GLANCE AT OUR STACK:
- Kafka and ZeroMQ
- Postgresql and Elasticsearch
- Python 3
IT’S GOOD TO HAVE:
- An interest in Machine Learning – we apply Machine Learning for various problems
- Experience with web scraping
- Some frontend experience
- Competitive salary + potential equity package
- Part of a great team – with the freedom to get the job done
- Flexible on where and when you work