Established in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch start-up to one of the world’s leading digital travel companies.
Part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ : BKNG), Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ : BKNG) and accounts for the vast majority of Booking Holdings’ total revenue.
Booking Holdings is a leading Fortune 500 e-commerce conglomerate with a market cap of approximately $84 billion and revenues of $15.
07 billion (2019). Booking.com currently employs more than 17,000 employees in 214 offices in 70 countries worldwide.
With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel.
Booking.com connects travelers with the world’s largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts and even tree houses.
The Booking.com website and mobile apps are available in over 43 languages, offer more than 28 million listings, including over 6.
2 million homes, apartments, and other unique places to stay. So whether travelling for business or leisure, customers can instantly book their ideal accommodation quickly and easily, without booking fees and backed up by its promise to price match.
Via the customer experience team, customers can reach Booking.com 24 / 7 for assistance and support in over 43 languages, any time of the day or night.
At Booking.com, we are all involved in making hundreds of decisions every day. The decisions we make are a reflection of our Values - they reflect what is important to us, both as individuals and as an organization.
When we use our Values to make decisions, we make a deliberate choice to focus on what is important. When Values are made explicit, they provide clarity on what good looks like.
And when they are shared, they build unity in a group. They build culture.
- Think customer first. We obsess about adding value for our customers - guests, partners, colleagues - to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
- Own it. We deliver on our promises, make informed decisions and prioritize to get the important things done today.
- Learn forever. We are resilient, take time to reflect, and seek to learn from colleagues, from the outside world and from our failures.
- Succeed together. We celebrate team success, through making connections, building trust and valuing the diverse perspectives of others.
- Do the right thing . We get the right results the right way. For each other, our communities and the world around us.
Booking Holdings (NASDAQ : BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands - Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
The company has embarked on an exciting journey of its own as it expands into FinTech and the Connected Trip which adds flights, taxis, attractions and other products in a single consumer experience making it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Security and Safety plays a central role in the growth of the portfolio not least because of our desire to advance a consumer trust proposition and positioning this as a competitive differentiator.
We are looking for an experienced strategy manager to shape our function’s long-term strategy and develop measures that realize our business objectives in the short and mid-term.
The strategy manager will be tasked with assessing function performance, collaborating with our Central Tech and Security Leadership, Strategic Programs & Business Operation leads, Governance and QMS-Quality Management System team members, and developing achievable goals and implementing processes that improve functional effectiveness and build a sustainable competitive advantage.
We are looking for someone with a strong business acumen who is familiar with strategy management, program management, business operations and demonstrates excellent leadership skills along with research and data management experience, an analytical mind and outstanding presentation skills.
Ultimately, a top-notch strategy manager should be a strategic thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
This position is a core member for the Security Director of Strategic Programs & BizOps leadership team and key contributor to the global business, security and compliance strategy for the Booking.com and brand portfolios.
The role reports to the Director of Strategic Programs and Business Operations and will also work with the Director Central Tech BizOps, our Chief Security Officer and our CTO while formulating and communicating on the Security & Fraud strategy.
Advocates, socializes, influences the creation of the vision and strategy for a business unit with the objective to grow the segment on Booking.com, as measured by transactional, supply and market-share growth
- Define and track work being done by teams at an aggregated and disaggregated level
- Allocation of resource tracking, risk identification and risk management, as well as a mechanism to manage change / tradeoff
- Steward of the Portfolio Management Process
- Identify and track cross team and department dependencies
- Structures and executes operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses
- Drive short- and long-term growth of the function
- Provides consultation to the CSO and his leadership team in order to exercise and implement insights into the performance of the strategic initiatives and dynamics outside of our function.
- Administrate setting annual and quarterly strategy, objectives and KPIs with Security LT members, extended Security Leadership team, Capability Area Leads and pillars.
- Reviews historical performance and creates strategic recommendations for business partners
- Tracks and gives opinion in order to specify new products, processes, standards or operational plans, based upon the business strategy.
- Works with different teams (e.g. Product, Tech, Marketing, Operations) on the launch of new products and campaigns & Coaches functional teams on new ways of doing business and influence them for a sustainable shift in behaviors and mindsets
- Leads the preparation of the strategic reviews presented to Booking Central Tech Leadership team and other governance platforms
- Experienced Senior Strategy Manager, Senior Program Manager or leader’s deputy role within Strategy or Transformation team or working for a large, matrixed organization
- 7+ years experience in supporting the setting of a strategic direction, delivering strategic objectives, aligning programs with the organization's strategic direction, and focusing on continuous improvement efforts within a complex technology organization
- Program management expertise and strategy execution show how
- Excellent understanding of information security and safety concepts, principles and practices.
- Strong technical skills in the sphere of network security, application development, cloud security
- Experience working in a fast-paced, technology-centric and / or online business
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with competing priorities; strong influencing skills to work with various service owners
- Excellent communication, analytical and planning skills to manage the implementation of information security controls and services
- Experience successfully delivering programs and / or multiple projects on-time, in scope, on budget and on quality based on agreed business goals
- Capable of anticipating needs and driving clarity on expectations
- A solution-oriented mindset, with the ability to exercise good professional judgement
- Policy development, program management and strategy development
- Experience in outsourced / insourced operations tasks and activities
- Resilient. Able to work under high-pressure situations, meet challenging timelines and be the calming, reassuring leader in times of emergency or crisis
- Experience working in an online environment
- Experience with programs such as NIST CSF, ISO, SOX, GDPR, CCPA, NIST CSF and other related compliance frameworks is an advantage but not essential
- Proven ability to be a visionary by creating or adopting new strategies that take into consideration the changing cyber-landscape
- Excellent presentation skills, especially with senior executive audiences
- Strong knowledge or business experience in other business units or functional areas outside Security
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problems and manage execution
- Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation and influence skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent English speaker
Pre- Employment Screening :
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law.
Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.