As a talented Senior Product Designer, you thrive in a fast-paced environment whilst contributing continuously to the team. You are able to respond to challenges with both creative and data-informed ideas.
What you will do...
Own the end-to-end design process whilst considering the impact of your work across the various teams and parts of the application.
- Think in systems and detest copy-and-paste implementation. You will push other designers to optimise their workflow and re-use or repurpose components instead of rebuilding every time.
- Challenge Product Owners, bringing your own knowledge and experience to the table to push for even greater ideas.
- Mobile-first is not just a buzzword to you, it is a mindset. It is the way that you work and is something that you instil in those around you.
- Drive your own research to help uncover new ideas and to find existing problems. You are forever inquisitive and never consider that something is "done".
- Analyse Product Metrics to ensure that your designs and those of the team are working as intended, and if not, you are there to start asking more questions.
- Create interfaces to test your ideas/prototypes with the team and with customers.
- Bridge the gap between design, development and product and understand the role that each team plays in delivering a solid product.
- Mentor and support fellow Designers, Developers and Product Owners to continually raise the bar for quality in our product.
- Influence and support the growth of the team through hiring, networking and sourcing our future team members.
- You have at least 5-8 years’ experience in a Product Design role owning the end-to-end design process and have been.
- You know Sketch inside-out.
- You enjoy working in agile teams using Lean UX methodologies.
- You have a strong passion for digital products and a demonstrable track record of achievements—a portfolio is required to apply for this role.
- Your level of written and spoken English is at a business level which you can use to confidently communicate to the rest of the team and to stakeholders.
- You can understand, interpret and challenge data insights.
- You come with great references as a true team player.
- You are easy going, enthusiastic, and have the humbleness to let go when you see a design is failing while having a passion for correcting it.
- You always aim for excellence, but you understand that “done is better than perfect”.
Bonus points for...
- Working in high-growth SaaS companies or remarkable digital product companies.
- Understanding React applications, JS and data models.
- Creating and implementing styleguides and component libraries.
- Knowing all of the properties of flexbox and how to use them.
- Creatively hacking the browser inspector to quickly test new ideas.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Yoga and meditation.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional and seize your impact day-to-day.
- The tool kit that you need to get your job done.
- Autonomy to make the right decisions.
- Be a part of creating the next big thing in Online Travel.
This position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.