Wir von YAS.life sind ein junges Start-up aus Berlin: Mit unserer YAS App motivieren wir mit moderner Technologie zu einem gesunden, aktiven Lifestyle. Unser Ziel: Gesundheitsprävention soll Spaß machen! Spielerisch und mit einer Portion Witz machen wir das Thema neuen Zielgruppen zugänglich.
As a (senior) PHP/Symfony Developer you will lead the implementation of new features in a state-of-the-art development team and process. We make use of state-of-the-art technologies and architectures where it makes sense for the business. Our backend is built for stability and maintenance. You will work closely with other PHP/Symfony Developers of different levels, coach junior coworkers and make wide-ranging architectural decisions.
In this position you will apply the following technologies and practices
- AWS-based server technology (EC2, RDS, EKS)
- PHP Symfony
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Strict Development Process for a Distributed Team
Your typical day as senior PHP/Symfony Developer might include the following
- Develop new back-end services and APIs for our apps
- Enhance data models, APIs and code to enable a multi-tenant setup
- Align with iOS and Android developers to smoothly integrate your APIs into our apps
- Make complex technological decisions with the whole team
- Refactor legacy code to make the backend scalable, faster, and more maintainable
- Review code of your fellow coworkers
You will be an integral part of these challenging upcoming projects
- We are changing our backend to a microservices architecture
- We are launching new feature sets that require backend functionalities, e.g. Health Manager
- The backend deployment process is being standardized and automated across tenants
- Experience with OOP Language PHP, Git, Symfony Framework, relational databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with any of these is a plus: multi-tenant applications, Unit/Functional/Acceptance Testing, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Continuous Integration, Microservices, RESTful Web Services, OOP Principles [SOLID, DRY, KISS, Design Patterns], TDD, Contributions to open source projects
- Passion for high quality code and efficient development processes, analytic thinking
- Knowledge in agile development methods, especially SCRUM and Jira project management
- High motivation, reliability and independent work style
- Your work as a teamplayer and you are willing to improve your own skills
- Very good English skills. German language skills are a plus
- Familiarity with the eHealth industry and fitness and sports
WHAT WE OFFER
- This is a permanent position within our IT team in Berlin and with competitive pay rates.
- We offer you the unique opportunity of shaping, building and developing a digital health startup in its growth phase and to achieve operational excellence.
- We are a company with a purpose: you have an impact on our users wellbeing, by building a product which helps them to stay active and healthy.
- A healthy and open minded culture. We get sporty twice a week: practicing Yoga on our roof terrace and joining our running group is a great way to show how active you can be.
- You will work closely with our CTO and develop your skills in AWS-based server technologies, PHP Symfony and service-oriented architecture.
- Challenges and room for personal and professional development in a flat hierarchy.
- Being part of an awesome international team in Berlin-Mitte. At this moment we embrace 10 different nationalities!
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Great! Please send your application via our website