FindHotel is looking for a Performance Marketing Specialist to join our efforts in the field. You'll be helping millions of visitors a month find amazing hotel deals in 24 languages around the globe.
To be successful at this role you need to be passionate and experienced on performance marketing in general and SEM especially. You'll be dealing with search campaigns with hundreds of millions of keywords, so a systematic approach and knowledge of the tools are super important, while not forgetting about the micros and good practices. You'll be always looking for new growth opportunities with a pirate mindset and not be satisfied with minor results nor happy with only playing by the book.
Why this role is important to FindHotel
We started and grew the company to what it is today thanks to our effective performance marketing efforts, and PPC in its various forms is still a key customer acquisition capability for us. Our goal is to grow our paid search spend by a factor of 2-3X in 2019, and develop beyond core search marketing and into intent display and app store marketing during the year.
What you will be doing
- Join a team of 4 marketers and analysts working with rapid experimentation and scaling efforts
- Work across Google Ads, Bing Ads, Remarketing, Intent Display, Travel specific PPC sources and other opportunities of performance channels we discover
- Identify growth opportunities and constantly improve campaign structures
- Create and manage large scale marketing campaigns with our in-house custom software
- Translate marketing needs into requirements for our development team to optimize our processes and software
What a day in the office might look like
You start the day with a standup where the team discusses what was done yesterday, any obstacles that need to be tackled and the plan for today. Before lunch you analyze the performance of A/B tests that you ran and start documenting your findings. Then you plan a session with our product owner to discuss the value of your findings and how to incorporate them to our campaign building software so that we can roll them out globally. After lunch you work on building and optimizing our Display Remarketing campaigns to enhance the conversion rate and profitability. Then you take a well-deserved break to challenge your colleagues in Foosball, table tennis, or pool. Finally you contact your freelancer team to improve our ad copy and translations.
Why join now?
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 40 team members in the last two years, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that has just hit its fastest YOY growth ever & reached the beautiful '1 million nights booked in the last year' milestone in July 2018.
- We are constantly launching new marketing channels which opens a lot of new opportunities and challenges
- Our performance marketing team is extremely talented and works like a well-oiled machine.
People we love
- Data guides every decision you make, from pricing to prioritization and experimentation
- You own problems, strive to get big wins delivered and take initiative where possible
- Tech savvy and love learning new tools and technologies
- Curious, not afraid to experiment and willing to question the status quo
- You have experience with Performance Marketing, knowledge of the tools and a mind full of innovative ideas
- You have high proficiency with Excel and comfortable using BI tools such as Looker
- Previous experience in the online travel industry
- Experience with other channels such as metasearch and partners/affiliates
- Previous experience on large scale e-commerces
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- Loads of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam