We are looking for an experienced engineer who can make sure our product continues to excel while we scale our business. Working with the founding members and small dev team you will be devoted to overseeing the codebase, dev ops, and team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Help improve our tech stack to support thousands of clients and billions of data points.
- Take ownership of the end result of all the dev work; both back- and front-end;
- Direct the companies tech stack and architecture to match our needs in terms of stability and scale;
- Aligning technical roadmap with business priorities;
- Motivate, manage and support a (small) development team to get stuff done while setting a positive company culture;
- Join the team in coding awesome features for our clients;
- Define and improve workflows for the team;
- Help grow the team by helping in the selection and hiring of great engineers.
Experience & Skills
- Guru in Python, Django, and Postgres;
- Experience with Redis, Celery;
- Experience with developing web applications;
- Capable of mastering a Linux-based environment;
- Excellent communicator and a true team player;
- Capable of working goal-oriented both in a team and independently.
- Experience with Nginx, Gunicorn, and/or containerization;
- Experience working with API’s, OAuth, and web scrapers;
- Great at math and/or statistics, or experience with statistics in Python (e.g. NumPy);
- Knowledge of, or an interest in AI/ML;
- Owning at least 100 games on Steam.
What we offer
- Friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
- Flexibility in working hours and location.
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock option plan.
- Snacks and great coffee.
- A great challenge at our unique startup.
- Need anything else? Let us know.
At Steam Data Suite, we give game companies a fighting chance in an overcrowded Steam game store. We provide game developers and publishers with powerful tools to professionalize their business. Our toolbox helps in a variety of areas like sales reporting, marketing, optimization, and market analysis. We aim to help game companies stand out from the crowd and get the attention and revenue their games deserve.
The product is a web platform connected with client-specific data sources, APIs, and web scrapers. Ingredients: Django, Python, PostgreSQL, and the obvious CSS, JS, and HTML.
Steam Data Suite started out as an internal tool in 2018. Since then the toolset has grown into a full-fledged SaaS solution, being used with hundreds of Steam games, although still in beta.
As a startup, we’re small, flexible, and fast-moving. We work as a functional team in which adding value for our customers is our primary focus. We have no deadlines and define our own KPIs. Our agile approach aims to give each member of the team autonomy and ownership of their work.
We’re building a company culture that is informal and flexible. We understand that work isn’t the only thing in your life. And as a startup, we can’t possibly provide all the amazing perks you get at an established international firm. But, together, we can find a balance that works for all of us. And as a thank you for joining us at this early stage, you’ll benefit from our profit-sharing program.