We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our fast-growing team and assist in the drive of the company's growth. Product Development is central to all that we achieve at Solera. We strive for engineering excellence and have a clear technical vision to ensure the development team is aligned with the strategy of the company. We operate in a fast-paced, agile, start-up like environment, creating a team culture which is continuously raising the bar. Partnering with various marketing, design and product teams, our Cloud-native products and Microservices developments serve our global customer base, delivering fast and accurate value to our customers. We consistently hire top talent, and always seek to optimize the Software Development Lifecycle – debating architecture and continually shape the product development roadmaps to harness the latest modernization technologies and methods.
What You’ll Do
- Translate business requirements into technical deliverables
- Develop additional features on existing applications
- Migrate legacy applications to the cloud
- Take ownership of work and see it all the way through the software development life cycle
- Investigate and resolve defects in the established system
- Help define non-functional requirements and build systems capable of meeting them
- Deliver operationally stable software and help ensure uptime
- Build processes to provide an excellent customer experience
- Improve automation of our CI/CD processes
- Deliver API enabled components and microservices
- Be part of a distributed Agile team and contribute to its success and improvement
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Design and implement solution architecture to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s in Computer Science with at least 8 years of commercial experience
- English B2/A1 level (minimum)
- Highly proficient with Java (8-11) and modern enterprise frameworks e.g. Spring / SpringBoot
- Proficient with TDD/BDD, SQL/NoSQL databases and REST/SOAP webservices.
- Experience or an interest in Microservices / DevOps environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience or an interest in cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- A can-do, problem-solving attitude & work well as part of a team
- Experience mentoring developers