Senior iOS Engineer
News Corp is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our innovative technology department. This role will be expected to collaborate with our team leads and cross-functional businesses to create and deploy native iOS applications.
News Corp has a global platform that already powers 21+ apps and we are adding a lot more. This role will have the opportunity to influence products across different industries. This role will also be involved in open source projects to showcase their own passions and involvement in technology.
- Collaborate with teammates to define, design, and shape new features
- Design and build SDKs and applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure that expected performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications is achieved
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and continuous integration
- Computer Science Degree or strong engineering foundation
- 5-8 years iOS development experience and familiarity with Apple frameworks
- Swift experience (1-3 years)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of iOS UI/UX standards
- Experience with third-party dependency management such as Cocoapods is helpful
- Experience with open-source or internal open-source projects is helpful
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about their work with a desire to problem-solve
- Comfortable working across a broad range of technologies
- Collaborative by nature, eager to work across the entire organization
- Comfortable working in a startup like environment
- Talented with benchmarking and optimization
About News Corp
News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, and pay-tv distribution in Australia.
Headquartered in New York, the activities of News Corp are conducted primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.