What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
What we are looking for:
Gartner Digital Markets’ brand Capterra (www.capterra.com) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative, Agile team. This position will include hands-on development and a close working relationship with our product owners and development teams to build out products for our clients and website using ReactJS and RESTful APIs built in Node.js.
Why you will want to come to the office everyday:
- Develop high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions for the Capterra brand.
- Work on critical applications for the Capterra and Gartner Digital Markets brands.
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews and architectural insights.
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using ReactJS, Node.js, and other languages and frameworks.
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology.
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years in enterprise software engineering.
- 4+ years experience working with Node.js at production level.
- 2+ years experience developing with React in production environments.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience in some of the following: Serverless Framework, AWS Serverless Technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB, Cognito, API Gateway, Appsync)
- Advanced knowledge of software development methods and best practices.
- The ability to mentor teammates as necessary.
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!)
Nice to haves, depending on the project:
- Ruby development experience.
- Developing with relational databases.
- Familiar with continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Worked with Micro frontend applications.
- Involvement with Page Speed Optimization.
- Experience or familiarity with SEM, SEO, or Google AdWords.
Check out our video to learn about who we are, and what we do:
What we offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture - join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact - your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- Frequent social activities such as movie night, laser tag, bowling, escape room, summer beach party, hiking & bbq, and more!
- Modern approach to work - flexible hours, Friday afternoons free, remote work, and more.
- New offices (to be inaugurated soon) close to Glòries and the beach in the fantastic, “innovation and tech” [email protected] district of sunny Barcelona.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, selection of teas, fair trade organic coffee and a fridge full of beer for our Beer O’Clock on Friday afternoons.
- Relocation Assistance - a specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
What you will get:
- Competitive compensation.
- 23 days annual holiday, and additional days off for your birthday, 24th & 31st of December.
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- IncentiFit - annual reimbursement for health-and-wellness-related activities.
- Pension Scheme.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
Who we are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.
Explore diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner: