Who we are
Bryq is an assessment platform and our goal is to facilitate companies with their overall hiring process and enable them to find the best hires for them. Bryq offers a scientifically based assessment that combines the measurement of cognitive skills and personality traits. From an employer'™s perspective, the results can help match the best candidates to the right job, as well as uncover potential superstars that may otherwise get overlooked in the hiring process. Candidates can identify their ideal career-path, increasing their chances of long-term job satisfaction. It's a win-win solution for all.
About the role
Bryq is growing and we are seeking to hire a skilled Senior Front-end/React Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining multiple web applications, and implementing user interface components for multiple projects using React.js and Apollo GraphQL. You will also be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebases.
- Design, architect, and implement multiple React web applications
- Develop and maintain responsive user interface components
- Write clean, performant, and well tested code
- Work closely with the product team to clarify requirements and feasibility
- Work closely with the CTO to plan, estimate, and prioritize work, and to make technical decisions within the engineering team
- Support technical screening of future engineering candidates
- Participate in both sides of code reviews
- Advanced experience with React
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo Client in particular
- Authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID Connect) and associated concepts (JWT)
- Version control using git and continuous integration tools like Jenkins and Travis CI
- Thorough knowledge of build systems (Webpack) and JS toolchains (Babel)
- Proficiency with various approaches to styling - from CSS, SASS and LESS to CSS-in-JS, and methodologies for organizing CSS
- A strong belief and adherence to test driven development and continuous delivery (Jest, testing-library/react, Mocha, Selenium)
- Experience with semantic HTML and web accessibility best practices and guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience with responsive HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with design tools Sketch and Figma
- Although you will primarily work on front-end, you should be familiar/curious with working across the stack
- Experience with developing complex software systems at scale with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Experience with cloud based platforms and technologies
- Understanding of Linux/Unix concepts
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through'”you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being individually empowered
Why you should join us
- Mission-driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup '” we are on a mission to improve HR decision making for both employers and employees around the world
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit
- Work/Life balance: we love our work, but we also love our lives. We are always mindful of maintaining each individual's work/life balance
- Benefits + Perks: Flexible working hours, remote working arrangements, paid time off and exceptional family leave policies as just part of it; the health and happiness of our employees is foremost
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done
- The opportunity at Bryq is huge - our customers today span the globe and range from tiny startups to multinational businesses. To date, Bryq has raised $2M and is backed by investors such as Persado's founders Alex Vratskides and Guy Krief and VCs such as BigPi Ventures
Bryq's interviewing process
Bryq is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in fostering an Inclusive environment that attracts Diverse talent. We ask all candidates to complete the same objective and bias-free assessment, enabling us to screen candidates only on what matters for the role. The assessment can be completed online and requires around 20 minutes. Once completed, we will get in touch with you typically within 4-5 days to inform you about the next steps, if any. For more info regarding the assessment process please visit our website here.
Bryq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR