Our mission is to help software businesses succeed - enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of developers and software companies rely on our checkout, payments and licensing solution to sell their products globally, as well as using our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK. Our revenue tripled last year and in the last 6 months our team has doubled to over 30 people in our shiny new HQ near London Bridge. We’ve received over $5m in funding from BGF Ventures and Kindred Capital, and are proud to be one of Tech City’s Upscale 2017 rising stars.
About the role
What you will do
- Work on a high traffic FE application used by hundreds of active vendors
- Develop and expand our Checkout component as well as other parts of the front-end architecture
- Technically own our codebase (React, Redux, Jest, Webpack, Amazon S3)
- Deploy the bundled code to S3
- Work with the product team to transform prototypes into real user interfaces
- Provide front-end engineering advice for team issues, and be involved in wider technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large
- Work directly with the backend team on API specification and integration
- Play a part in an agile team: participate in stand-ups, sprint planning & retrospectives
- Development of high performing front-end applications in an agile environment
- A strong understanding of the development process from design through to deployment and maintenance and what that means for day-to-day development
- Unit testing using one of the common frameworks (Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, ...)
- CSS3 with SASS/LESS
- Build tools, such as Webpack
- Git (or similar) source control
- React or any other modern view framework
- Experience creating single page applications
- Understanding of browser optimisation techniques and responsive design
- Ability to write high performing FE code
- ES 2015-2017
What’s in it for you?
- Share options - everyone at Paddle is an owner in the business
- Excellent exposure to management, transparent company performance, input into company direction, ideas and growth
- The best possible equipment - whatever you need to increase your productivity
- We care about results, not face time - if you need some time to work from home and can maintain efficiency then that’s cool with us
- A close team with frequent team outings (food, drink, sports etc.)
- The opportunity to be part of a fast growing business, loved by an international base of clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.