As a Frontend Developer at FindHotel, you will help to develop and improve our hotel marketplace FindHotel, helping set the technical direction of our company.
What you tell your friends you do
"Building the most innovative, smoothest, and fastest hotel search experience to date"
What you will really be doing
- Building and extending a blazing fast, responsive/adaptive multi-device frontend, using recent technologies such as React and Redux.
- Working closely with UX and UI designers prototyping innovative features to create a great experience for our users.
- Continuously improving our product after validating your ideas through A/B testing, both for mobile and desktop devices.
How will you be doing this?
- You are an experienced frontend developer in a diverse team of talented experts. Besides your own specialization, you will be involved in shaping all key aspects of the product.
- Work is prioritized together with the product owner and the rest of the team. You will receive immediate feedback from A/B tests and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- Choose the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you. You are an expert and we're always open to re-evaluating choices that were made in the past.
- You will collaborate with a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines. There is always a budget for good ideas.
- Big data and experience are your gurus, your gut feeling isn't. To measure is to know.
What we have worked on last quarter
- Laying the groundworks for a modern adaptive web application, based on React and Redux frontend which communicates with a decoupled Ruby on Rails backend.
- We built a flexible modular frontend comprised of stand-alone components anticipating large-scale A/B testing.
- Scalable Infrastructure. A completely new infrastructure for better performance and scalability for our internal applications.
- Ran multiple large A/B tests aiming to optimize the conversion of our website.
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow developers sit down with the Product Owner, UX lead and a Data Scientist to discuss the trajectory of an on-going A/B test. You decide together that based on available data, a new variation for the Available Rooms List on the Hotel Detail page is expected to improve conversion. After lunch, you and the UX lead sketch the variation which you will build together with your co-developers. While you deploy your experiment to the live site you're already thinking about that new feature you want to build for the mobile version of the website, which is added to the backlog of test ideas.
You will be working in the Product Squad with co-developers Jop, Suzana and Ali (Frontend), Luca and Fernando (Backend). Our UX designer Katia will help you shape the product, who receives input from Orhan (Data Analyst) and German (Data Scientist). You'll work with our Product Owner Sam to come up with ideas to A/B test and prioritize the roadmap for our products.
Why join now
- A fresh start: we're looking to completely revamp and improve our products in an iterative way via relentless A/B testing
- Test all the things: We've just started ramping up our A/B testing efforts, launching multiple tests and implementing winning variations each month
- Think it, build it, ship it: You will join an autonomous team and will be involved in shipping real value to our users, from the ideation process all the way until validation
- Modern technologies: Since we launched the Product Squad last year, we work with modern technologies, continuously updating our toolset and way of working with lessons learned
- New products on the horizon: we're planning to build new products such as dedicated mobile and tablet products
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in frontend development.
- Experience with mobile and responsive web development for a wide variety of devices.
- Experience with UX and conversion improvement. A big believer in A/B testing and iterative development.
- Bonus points for both unit and functional testing experience.
What we offer
- Be part of a growing team of 30+ fun-loving colleagues from all over the world.
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished.
- Many chances to develop yourself including access to courses and conferences.
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths.
- A happy work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and many shared experiences in and outside the office.
- Flexible time-off vacation policy - take what you need