We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team in Lisbon to help us build the next big product, one MVP at a time. You will be working closely with strategists, entrepreneurs, researchers and other developers on greenfield projects.
Before explaining what we have to offer, please answer a few questions:
- Do you prefer to follow someone else's plan?
- Do you love being right and feel there is no learning opportunity in being wrong?
- Do you think that every situation is either black or white?
- Do you value money above everything else?
- Do you consider perfection to be a realistic goal?
If you answered YES to ANY of the questions, great! There are plenty of jobs for you out there to choose from, just not this one.
If you are still here, then read on: We are Intersection Ventures a technology venture builder focused on launching and growing high-potential startups by applying the wisdom of the crowds and machine learning.
We need your help for our third venture out of six well-funded. Before, we built Tutorean, a marketplace that uses artificial intelligence to connect students with tutors, and Atomic Hire a lean and opinionated recruitment tool overloaded with auto-generated assessments. Check it out!
What we're looking for...
- A Graduate degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- An understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- A solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and RESTful API calls
- Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- An understanding of accessibility, SEO principles and its implications for web applications
- An eagerness for lean, pragmatic and well-tested code
- Be enthusiastic, optimistic and a great problem solver
- Be hungry to investigate emerging creative and technology trends
- Be autonomous, self-driven and able to work well under pressure
- Love a rigorous debate with your colleagues and embrace change, lots of change
- Have a European work permit
Bonus points if you...
- Live and breath OSS while preparing for the worst flaws, like XSS, CSRF, etc.
What you'll be doing...
- Developing new smooth web and mobile user interfaces, prototypes, and MVPs
- Bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, ensuring technical feasibility
- Translating the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimizing applications for speed and scalability
- Executing work that adheres to best practice brand and consistency standards
- Collaborating with Product and other team members to prioritize work
- Participating in code reviews and sharing knowledge
- Iterating fast with an agile project management process and Kanban boards
- Participating in weekly innovation challenges where you’ll have the opportunity to do market research, ideation, business canvas, business models and pitch your ideas
Why you should join...
- This is the opportunity to be a part of something big, no HUGE! You will have the opportunity to disrupt entire industries - and have fun while doing so.
- Live (and eat and drink) in sunny Lisbon. Need I say more? Okay, our offices are located in the heart of a booming startup community (All roads lead to lisbon why startups are booming in the portuguese capital)
- 22 paid vacation days and flexible work hours.
- We can recommend awesome SURF spots nearby.
- We've been called the Navy Seals of the startup world. Ok, nobody has called us that, yet, but we're trying to make it stick.
Congrats, you made it to the end of this job description. If you dug our vibe and think you might be the one, be sure to apply.
Looking forward to hearing from you.