We are looking for a driven and pragmatic builder with an attitude. You have experience in modern web application development and you have a vision! Your mission will be to form a powerhouse within our product team.
Electrical assets produce data jungles. Wind turbines, electrical grid infrastructure, and heavy-industry machinery are mission-critical to our customers' operations but very difficult to monitor. Jungle helps owners to get more out of their assets by illuminating asset performance, both now and in the future. Our technology leverages massive streams of data to understand what normal asset behaviour looks like, and to detect faults and underperformance. By extending lifetime, reducing downtime, and increasing yield, Jungle makes owning and operating assets cheaper, more reliable and more sustainable.
Why do we need you?
You’ll be working on a set of technologies that must break down complicated solutions and deliver crucial value-add insights to the user. You will be developing an application for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers on a global scale. There is a huge opportunity to make an immense impact. You will be working together tightly with an experienced product lead, UI/UX designer and a solid engineering team to overhaul and improve a product suite that is already creating an impact in the (renewable) energy sector!
There is always time to learn on the job. The kind of person we are looking for though already has a solid foundation and experience to back it up. At this level, learning something new (there is a treasure trove of that here) is not a problem. We have made a list of requirements, skills and traits that we feel would fit this job. Do you recognise yourself in the following description?
- Demonstrable experience in developing and deploying front-end technology for modern web applications in production.
- A firm understanding of when (and when not) to use abstractions/frameworks for state management and view rendering. More importantly, if you do, which ones and why.
- You know your way around Python and don't treat data scientist that can only code in Python as n00bs.
- Git is your second language. You branch when a branch should branch, and merge when a merge should merge. You know that your team will one day need to understand the code purely from the git log --all --decorate --oneline --graph
- Your life motto is DRY.
- You Marie Kondo your project structure. Everything sparks joy and you fold code in such a way that it stands on its own.
- You are not afraid to take a cool part of something you did and share it with the world, write some swag words about it and see how it is used by others.
- You know and love a module called [insert-random-word].js and you think it can change the way we work.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.
- You are excited to work with us at the Jungle HQ in Lisbon.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.
More info and applications: https://jobs.jungle.ai/o/senior-frontend-developer