In search of a Senior Financial Controller to join a leading fintech start-up based in Barcelona city center.
As a Senior Financial Controller your main responsibilities will be:
● Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
● Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
● Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
● Support month-end and year-end close process.
● Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
● Manage and comply with local and government reporting requirements and tax filings.
● Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen
● You will be analysing the financial impact of new products and projects and prepare reports.
● You will be assisting in financial steering and strategy in terms of cash flow and balance sheet
● You will have exposure to the international Venture Capital and Private Equity universe.
● You will be an integral part of preparing the company for an exit in 3 – 5 years’ time.
● You will be preparing investor, board and management presentation material.
● You will contribute to best practices.
● You will mentor less experienced colleagues.
● 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
● FLUENT in English and Spanish is a must
● Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
● Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
● Experience with creating financial statements.
● Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
● Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
● You are a true team player: open to feedback, helpful to teammates, low-ego approach to work,
diverse friendly, transparent about your work, communicative.
● A really great communicator – both through your visualization work and written channels, but also in
workshops and verbal presentations.
● Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
● Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
If you are looking to step up you professional carreer working closely with the CFO of a faced-paced dynamic start-up company in growth, do not miss out on this opportunity and APPLY NOW!