Discover our galaxy Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiege, Malt has become Europe's fastest-growing freelance marketplace, now home to a dynamic community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
At Malt, we believe that success is powered by the perfect combination of the right people, the right team, and the right projects.
To do this, we've built the industry's leading freelance management solutions all on a powerful, AI-driven tech platform to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we're more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
It's all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast!
- We have recently acquired , the Berlin-based marketplace for independent management consultants and industry experts.
- We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
So, if you're up for a rewarding challenge, don't wait get your ticket to planet Malt today.
Because together, we can change the world of work.
We are a tech company with a human approach
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 18+ countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50 % of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at Explore your future career At Malt, a Senior Engineering Manager is an enabler for the engineering team.
You're here to mentor and help the team to grow individually and collectively.
Your missions will be to:
- Follow and monitor the individual performance of software engineers directly reporting to you. (Setting goals, reviews, mentoring, feedbacks, peer feedbacks) and help them grow inside our team's career path.
- Follow collective performance of 2 software engineers teams.
- Define, implement and follow relevant KPIs
- Help your teams on methodologies, organizational choices following their needs (Scrum, Kanban, hybrid..)
- Recruit new Engineers, organize arrival and ramp up
- Monitor allocation budget
- Embody our team tech culture and promote it internally and externally
- Actively participate in our Engineering Manager Guild in order to implement new tools or processes for the entire Engineering team, share your experience and best practices with peers
- You will have very little time to actually develop
- Your impact on the product will be a team effort
- You won't establish the team roadmap regarding architecture or technical solutions on your own, collective choice only
A little more about you:
- You have a significant experience as a technical individual contributor (either Dev, Product Owner, Scrum Master...)
- You want to explore the management career path
- You already have a few years of experience as a Lead or Engineering Manager (specifically people manager)
- Screening with Flo, our Lead Talent Acquisition Manager ️
- Interview with Benoit, VP Engineering
- Use case and debrief with fellow EMs (Jean, Florian, Fabien, Paul, Samee or Benoit again)
- Team Interview or lunch with people you will be working with (Software Engineers or Product Managers)
- Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you'll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers: €9 / day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you're interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt's business, just tell us the books you'd like to read, and we'll order them for you without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Full-remote or flexible home-office policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza Where next? Ready? Get your ticket to Malt