About your role
Interested in working for an innovative and fast-moving AI (Artificial Intelligence) software company located in the Tech hub of Amsterdam? This is your chance! Sightcorp is now looking for a Senior Deep learning engineer with focus on Computer Vision. Come and join our team in building the best-in-class solutions for all-around face and video analytics.
Your main focus will be on solving problems to improve speed, accuracy and latency of deep networks. You will work on optimizing state-of-the-art networks to run on CPUs in real-time. You will be part of a research and development team developing machine learning algorithms and deep neural networks for solving real-world computer vision problems e.g. face recognition, emotion estimation, fraud detection. Applicants should be equally comfortable with reading research papers, researching new technologies and implementing code for commercial deployment. This role also involves working on consulting assignments for our clients.
What You Bring to the Team
- Experience implementing deep neural nets with at least one major deep learning framework (e.g. Tensorflow, MXNet, Keras, Caffé, PyTorch) using Python or C++;
- Prior experience with running inference on embedded/mobile devices using OpenCV/CoreML/Tensorflow Lite a big plus;
- Able to read current computer vision research papers and convert it into ideas for practical implementation;
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of Convolutional Neural Networks;
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of machine learning algorithms & principles and numerical optimization;
- Theoretical knowledge of basic machine learning concepts (e.g. SVM, MLP);
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Ability to organise and prioritise research work. Prior experience working with Scrum/Agile methodologies;
- Experience with doing autonomous research;
- Comfortable with changing environment and working at client sites (project based).
Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in AI, Computer Science or related field.
What we offer
- Opportunity to bring computer vision research into cutting-edge commercial products that solve real-world customer problems;
- A competitive salary and an attractive performance linked bonus plan;
- Dedicated conference budget for self-development;
- Access to guest lectures at the University of Amsterdam in the field of machine learning and computer vision;
- A fun, dynamic, startup environment with opportunities to learn and grow;
- A small, friendly team and a flat organisational structure with a lot of freedom and trust;
- Attractive discount on gym membership across the road from our office.
- Independence and great responsibility;
- HQ based in the hub of future Artificial Intelligence and 3D technology inAmsterdam;
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience?
Let us know immediately!
When applying for this position, only English CV’s as PDF will be considered and only successful applicants will be notified. Due to the large number of applications that we receive on a daily basis, we can only respond to the applications that match our requirements.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!