Simplaex is looking for an outstanding Senior Data Scientist for their Machine Learning team. This role will support their state of the art library, Rivr. Rivr is committed to enhancing profitability for the supply side of the programmatic ecosystem via predictive filtering, or traffic shaping.
With Rivr, our mission is to solve hard problems across the digital media landscape by teaching machines to see and understand the complex web of relationships. In doing so, we are able to extract value from the varying paths and touch points between the demand and supply side of the advertising industry. We use our proprietary AI to create a new kind of transparency and control to reduce waste and complexity, and to deliver ROI benefits across the programmatic spectrum.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Simplaex, you will have the opportunity to work on large advertising data sets with 10s of billions daily events, and to influence the long-term evolution of our algorithms and models – we look for people who can bring creative ideas to ML problem solving! You should have excellent technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with business partners and development teams to define and prioritize optimization problems, build data sets, statistical models and low latency delivery mechanisms for the real time bidding ecosystem.
- Min. 5 years of work experience in a commercial data science environment that requires the combined application of statistical & technical skills (work experience in a startup environment preferred)
- Strong statistical and research skills with a track record of using a variety of statistical methods (especially classification/prediction models)
- Experience in working on big data with distributed computing (Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with digital marketing, advertising or analytics is a plus
- Theoretical background knowledge like from a relevant BSc, MSc or PHD is a big advantage (e.g. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics)
- Lead the analysis of advertising "big data" to inform the future development and efficiency of our optimization algorithms in the advertising operations realm
- Use analytical, statistical and database skills to understand large, complex datasets with the aim to increase advertising efficiency
- Develop & improve algorithms for automated decision making around programmatic advertising - From auction level to campaign or targeting setup; from floor and bid prices to budget allocation; from determining market prices to evaluating demand in the real time bidding ecosystem
- The ML team you join has end to end responsibility – from how to model a problem in better ways, via prototypes all the way to writing production code and ongoing improvement once running live
- We want you to experiment and play with unusual ways to approach a problem model-wise
- The engineering & ETL work to process all customer data is done by our data team – who deliver to your ML team data from all customers in a unified format
- The role will sharpen your data engineering skills – we also optimize the computational performance of all our models, as these need to scale on growing sets of big (really big) data
What we offer:
- A bright office in the center of Berlin (Potsdamer Platz) that offers free coffee, drinks, fruit and snacks
- The competitive salary that you deserve!
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- On top of that: home office budget to help you set up your workspace at home, a personal development budget, virtual share options and much more