What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
What you’ll do:
As part of the central analytics organization, you will have the opportunity to help support the Vendor Analytics Team at Gartner Digital Markets (GDM). You will identify new areas to apply analytics to increase software vendor engagement with GDM. You will develop a deep understanding of our auction model and the economics of supply and demand for software leads to help drive software lead prices. You will analyze vendor behavior and identify opportunities to increase vendor satisfaction and retention. You will help improve the volume and quality of leads for software vendors. You will support the business development and customer success teams through improved prioritization of vendor outreach and improved access to critical data.
The specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Use analytics to support Gartner Digital Market’s mission to be the leading resource for software buyers and sellers
- Design, develop, execute and manage analytics projects, recurring reports and dashboards for key internal customers across GDM’s sales, client service, vendor marketing and reviews teams
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources to support analytics goals and business partner objectives
- Produce ad hoc and project-based analysis to support key business initiatives
- Quantify the impact of major business initiatives and communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Support the planning and forecasting process as needed to accurately predict the performance of key metrics
- Provide data-driven recommendations and guidance to drive business performance
What you will bring to the team:
- BA/BS from a top-tier university
- Degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative field preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, data science or similar role
- Experience working with cloud-based or traditional relational database management systems
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization systems (Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience in high-volume data businesses (preferably Internet, software or technology industries)
- Proficient with SQL or similar database scripting languages
- Proficient with the Google suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Microsoft suite of business applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience working with web analytics tools a plus (Google Analytics, Omniture)
Who you are:
- Data driven and analytical by nature with demonstrable passion for data and analytics
- Self-sufficient and driven to acquire the skills necessary to accomplish complex tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly present complicated analysis
- Resourceful and resilient with the ability to take a creative approach to problem solving
Check out our video to learn about who we are, and what we do:
What we offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- Frequent social activities such as movie night, laser tag, bowling, escape room, summer beach party, hiking & bbq, and more!
- Modern approach to work - Flexible hours, Friday afternoons free, remote work, and more.
- New offices (to be inaugurated soon) close to Glòries and the beach in the fantastic, “innovation and tech” [email protected] district of sunny Barcelona.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, selection of teas, fair trade organic coffee and a fridge full of beer for our Beer O’Clock on Friday afternoons.
- Relocation Assistance - A specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
What you will get:
- Competitive compensation.
- 23 days annual holiday, and additional days off for your birthday, 24th & 31st of December.
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
Who we are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.
Explore diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner: