Who we are
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
To support our ambitious growth, we are now looking for a Senior Data Analyst (m/f/x) in Berlin starting as soon as possible.
Your tasks - Paint the world green
The data analytics team supports the Network Planning department. We enable the business by providing the backbone for data-driven decision making. Our work ranges from business analytics via quantitative research to data science.
• You are responsible for all network-related analysis topics such as building reports and developing analysis tools
• You help us to understand the international long-distance coach market by creating insights from analyzing internal and external data (e.g. estimating market potentials, competitor analyses, optimize the network, build forecasts)
• You drive innovation by introducing new ideas, methodologies, and perspectives
Your Profile - Ready to hop on board
• You love data
• You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative field of studies (economics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, or similar)
• You have strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
• You are comfortable working independently and are curious about learning new tools and methods
• You have advanced skills in MS Excel and are proficient in other Microsoft Office programs
• You have advanced skills in frontend tools such as PowerBI, QlikView or Tableau
• You have advanced skills in code-based analytical tools such as R, STATA or python
• You have experience in working with spatial data (a plus, but not required)
• You ideally have a background in transport (a plus, but not required)
• You have the ability to transfer analytical insights into commercial outcomes
Perks - More than just a job
• Drive change. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
• Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
• Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
• Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
• Feel at home. We provide you with a comfortable working space, free drinks, casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Please answer the following question(s) in your cover letter
1. How would you estimate the market potential between two cities?
2. What would a standard report to describe the performance of our lines look like? What KPIs would you include?