Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
We are looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer for our Digital Farming operations to develop and establish our service offerings successfully in the market.
- You will be responsible for the design and development of computer vision systems for mobile as well as server applications.
- Furthermore, you will work on algorithm development with the focus on classification and detection.
- You will support the architectural decisions, the design of software systems and their real-time optimization as well as the selection and implementation of required tools as well as platforms and frameworks.
- Together with the project team, you will translate Digital Farming business needs into IT requirements and concrete technical implementations covering the whole software development lifecycle.
- You will participate in all phases of the product governance and development life cycle, including writing epics as well as user stories and support the sprint planning in our agile development setup.
- degree in computer or natural sciences, engineering, mathematics or a related field and first professional experience
- proficient in implementing business requirements for data driven, customer facing IT-solutions on a global enterprise scale
- excellent knowledge in machine learning or classical computer vision and optimization approaches as well as in machine learning techniques
- experience in large-scale data capture campaigns, asynchronous processing or embedded systems, photogrammetry, multiple view geometry, computational geometry, non-linear optimization, algorithm optimization on CPU/GPU, HW-accelerated image or geometry processing or parallel compute architectures
- fluent in English, German or a second foreign language would be a benefit
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art technologies as well as a job ticket.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- This position can be exercised full or part-time.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Ms. Katja Emich (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 58810
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Cooperation with recruitment agencies is not accepted.
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.