We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Character Rigger (f/m) to assess the work being done on rigs by other riggers and to give relevant and accurate feedback. You work on a new kind of virtual reality experience with us. In this job, the overall goal is helping to realize the project’s creative vision. You will be working closely with riggers, designers and animators within the animation department.
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids, creatures and props used in realtime engines
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner
- Implements animation control rigging systems for complex realistic characters and props using Maya
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering in the development of in-game animation systems
- Troubleshoot and fix rig issues, collect artistic feedback and fine tune rig behavior
- Interact closely with animators and other TDs to maintain and improve our animation tools
- Provide desk side support for Artists, Animators and Designers
- 3+ years of production experience in rigging and at least one shipped title or equivalent project work
- Strong knowledge of Maya character rigging (full body/facial)
- Character skinning and physics simulation setup (Cloth/Hair)
- Experience working with game engine animation systems.
- A solid understanding of Unreal 4 including Blueprint, component and general game design experience is preferred.
- Experience with motion capture pipelines
- Experienced in writing Python, and understand how workflows can be optimised with scripts or automation
- Knowledge of MayaApi, PyQt, Pyside a plus
- Familiar with version control software
- Self-motivation with a strong work ethic, flexibility and ability to work in a team
- Fluent in English
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please get in touch - [email protected]