Coders Connect are partnering with an exciting startup whose mission is to empower even the busiest people to master English, German, French, and Spanish and unlock their potential - anytime, anywhere. It's the #1 trusted online language school and the biggest in Europe, globally acclaimed for “language learning tools” offering flexible, high-quality, 24/7 live online classes taught by native-speaking teachers all around the world.
They challenge ourselves, and they challenge others. They work smart and make it happen. They bring together the best of people and have a positive company culture. They believe in personal growth and inclusion and live by it. They also offer their employees unlimited access to private and group classes!
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Developer.
- To help improve the platform by developing new features while ensuring good code quality and best practices.
- The development of our software product based on PHP, Symfony4.
- Working together with product managers, designers, and engineers to solve a common goal.
- Actively taking part in agile approaches and processes.
- Owning your work from concept all the way to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Not only delivering business features but also tackling purely technical tasks and cleaning up existing code.
- Ongoing identification and improvement of performance problems and continuous optimization of our platform.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly regarding usability, and emerging technologies.
- Professional experience with PHP.
- Experience with scalable web applications and frameworks (Symfony).
- Experience working in an agile team using SCRUM, Kanban, or similar methodologies.
- Fluent English skills (C-level).
- Knowledge of how to rebase, merge, and fork in Git.
- Your passion for code quality. Writing tests and documentation belong to your natural workflow.
- A history of active contributions to open source projects is a plus.
You add to the culture with:
- Your positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Your embodiment of DevOps culture.
- Your quality and scalability-driven mindset.
- Approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts!
- Company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise.
- Great team spirit and passion for languages.
- Well-structured and exciting onboarding process.
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or...… in the office located in the heart of Berlin.
- Unlimited access to free language classes.
- The flexible working hours.