We are on the hunt for an experienced Senior Back-End Developer to head up our technical team, manage our developers, and lead the creation of our robust and powerful platform that is capable of processing large amounts of data and delivering content quickly to a variety of users.
Felcana is an exciting early stage pet tech start-up that tracks the health, behaviour and activity of cats and dogs through connected devices. Along with helping owners to better understand their pets, Felcana provides reliable insights that empower vets to make earlier and more accurate diagnoses. We are a small, inventive and fast-paced team that is always striving to grow both professionally and personally.
We believe in being constantly challenged and we cultivate this attitude through autonomy, responsibility and open discussions. We are seeking talented individuals that share our enthusiasm and drive to help build the fture.
You are an experienced Senior Back-End Developer, with experience building both back and front-end services.
You are looking for a new challenge overseeing the technical development within a new startup with high growth potential. You will lead our tech team including backend developers and engineers where your analysis and insight will help define inform our product roadmap.
We’re a start-up and so our team structure is flat – you’ll work directly with James, our CEO. •
Own the development, testing, and deployment of Felcana’s back-end APIs powering our iOS and Android apps and connected devices •
Own the development, testing, and deployment of Felcana’s iOS apps
• Define the functionality, specifications and features of our back-end services
• Ensure our team follows industry standard security practices • Maintain a high standard of code quality whilst balancing trade-offs to deploy services and features in a timely manner
• Actively co-ordinate development cycles across iOS, electronics, and back-end
• Effectively communicate complex ideas in discussions with team members
• 2 to 3 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience managing a team
• Either a good degree from a leading university in a relevant discipline, coding academy experience, or a few years of professional experience
• Experience with building web apps (front-end/back-end/full stack/all ok)
• Experience managing servers in production, including deployment, database management, or other DevOps
• Strong Linux and Bash skills (Linux preferred) • Experience with AWS
• Elixir experience preferable but not essential
• Experience working in a startup
• Engaged in the tech community or involvement in Open Source software
• Ambitious and self-starting with the ability to identify creative new approaches
• You love pets!
• Competitive salary
• 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
• World class team that includes experienced product designers, electronic engineers, and vets
• Fabulous office within Makerversity, Somerset House - a location full of designers, artists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• 20% discount across all the bars and restaurants in Somerset House • Annual bonus to spend on anything pet related