Humanising Autonomy is a London-based startup that is building the global standard of how autonomous systems interact with people. We were founded on the premise of enabling a safer, more human-centered implementation of autonomous technology, and called ourselves HumanisingAutonomy simply because that is what we want to do. We have developed a prediction software that is able to predict pedestrian, cyclist and other vulnerable road user behaviour and intent in real-time to improve global mobility systems.
The technology combines AI-powered computer vision and psychology to understand the full, nuanced range of human behaviour, and is able to predict the intentions of pedestrians, cyclists, and other vulnerable road users across cities worldwide. As a critical perception technology, the software integrates with all levels of autonomy (including autonomous and human-driven vehicles) to improve safety, efficiency, and pedestrian interactions.
Our customers include multinational leaders in the automotive and mobility space across Europe, the US and Japan. Having recently finished a $5M+ fundraise, we are looking to expand our lean team with more creative and practical problem solvers to help us develop this key technology for automated mobility, and realise our vision of better interactions between people and autonomous technology worldwide.
The role. You will be working very closely with our team of computer vision and deep learning engineers, and will be responsible for conceptualising and developing SDKs of our models for integration in automotive stacks. The applications of our software will range from low power embedded devices, to state of the art GPU hardware and cloud infrastructure within the automotive domain.
Your work will impact how autonomous systems will interact with people - a field whose relevance is rapidly expanding, and from which you can expect a fast-moving adventure! You will be part of the core technical team of engineers, data scientists, and behavioural scientists, and will be designing and implementing cutting-edge computer vision models that understand and interact with people around the world. Essential skills / experience
- C++ programming: 5+ years (2+ years in Linux environment)
- Experience developing and integrating automotive grade software with automotive OEM / Tier 1 / Tier 2 supplier
- Experience integrating with AUTOSAR stack, or to AUTOSAR standards
- Experience in TCU and Gateway development on a vehicle
- Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience of software lifecycle management within the automotive domain
- Application of ISO26262 to development processes
- Experience developing ADAS systems
- Experience with different standards and certification (eg ASIL)
- Experience of software product development tooling (eg Atlassian suite, GIT)
- Expertise in defining software architectures.
- Interest in AI / deep learning
- Experience with Tensorflow / other deep learning framework
- Python, and experience of integrating C++ with Python
Qualifications BSc/MSc degree with high level of Software Engineering (Computer Science, Engineering) or industry experience (4+ years) showing a similar level of thinking-On top of competitive salary and share options for all of our employees, our benefits are created with the aim to support you as a human being in all ways we can. That means we want to provide the best possible work environment, support your personal growth and wellbeing.
- Have a big say in how the Company runs itself
- Pension scheme
The following information provides an overview of the skills, qualities, and qualifications needed for this role.
- Guarantee lots of plants in the office
- Annual personal development budgets
- Get any book you like
- Company coaching sessions
- Flexible working schedule
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 6 months guaranteed paid parental leave (for both mums&dads! )
- Gym discounts
- Activism - flexible policy on working around protests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular activities to serve the planet
Working with a passionate team of designers, engineers, and social scientists to shape the future!
Our interview process consists of four steps and starts with a test as we have realised this is the best and most honest way to see how you think.
1. We send you a C++ test for you to complete at home
2. After our team has reviewed it we determine whether we progress you to next round
3. Video interview with our tech team to discuss the test, the role
4. Second (in person if possible) and final interview, to discuss any other questions and meet the team